Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic keep on rebooting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My one month old Ionic vibrate and turn off then restart and do the same. Tried factory restart but same problem. Then a clock error come up every few times. So sad.  After 3 HR Charge I thought this is the way to go.... I was told it wil take 3 weeks to sort it out???? 

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

It's great to see new faces around @NickyJones

Thanks for performing these step, let me help you out. In order to further assist you I've gone ahead and created a Support Case on your behalf, soon you'll be receiving an email with the next steps. 

Keep me posted! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you try, or are you able to switch back to the default clock face? It sounds like the clock face could be the issue. I had a clock face cause me grief. It randomly rebooted once. It would take forever to load after a reboot and eventually I couldn't sync and there was no clock face. Luckily I could still swipe and I got into the about section of settings and did a factory reset. I lost a days data and had to do a full setup again but so far it's working perfect like it was prior. I now leave it on my favorite face that I know is ok. 

Sense, LG V60 Thinq Android 10, Surface Pro Win 10
Best Answer

Hi. Yes I tried to change but it would not sync. Just keep on rebooting. Touchscreen didn’t work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, I am getting the same thing now with the Fitbit Ionic in a constant stage of rebooting itself.

At first I noticed that the time was 20 minutes behind. Then I tried syncing with my iPhone but it kept failing to connect. I removed the device from Bluetooth in settings but it could not find the ionic again. I then removed it from the app and tried adding it again. Still nothing. I have restarted the ionic and my phone several times but it still doesn’t connect. Then I did a factory reset on the ionic. The app could find it but when I typed in the 4 digit code, it couldn’t find the ionic anymore and now it’s in this constant stage of flashing the fitbit logo. The logo is on for about 10 seconds, goes off for 2 seconds and then back back on for 10 seconds etc.

Not sure what to do now besides letting the battery drain. It was at 80% charge so it’s going to take a while.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I tried the steps on the e-mail. It did not work. I took it back to the shop and just heard that it will be replaced. I still don’t know what was wrong and hope the new one won’t have same problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this same issue. Very frustrating. The ionic has not behaved well since I got it. If I had not given my blaze away to a family member I would switch back to that. But I’m looking at Apple watches now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I just got the ionic yesterday and I am having the exact same issue. Were you able to get this resolved?

It was syncing fine until my first run. Now it just reboots constantly.

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. No, I got a full refund. 

I am getting the Versa as soon as there is stock available in Cape Town. 

Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has there been any update on this issue?  I got my Iconic at Christmas so has been 7 mos. I had the issue with not syncing up and the clock steadily losing time.  I reinstalled app, rebooted the iconic 3 times in a row. Deleted and tried to re sync and it couldn’t find iconic, so i did a factory reset and now i am stuck with the continuous. Rebooting showing the Fitbit logo for about 10 sec then back off and I cant do anything now.  This is very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. Mine did the same. I got a refund and now have a Fitbit Versa. Just lighter and better
Regards

Nicky Jones

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is now also in a constant state of restart!

Water induced problem I suspect.

Seems no refund for me as my devices not supported. Its got nada to do with my devices. It worked fine to start with. Its the watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine also worked fine for a month. Only then did the reboot all the time thing. If it is still under warranty they must fix or refund you!?

Nicky Jones

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@NickyJones- you'd think. Unfortunately nothing from support the last 24 hours via email despite my requests via that ticket. But don't take my word for it. Just look around the recent posts I've made in this support forum the past 24 hours - it provides all the evidence you need to see support is absent.

I've seen other support posts during that time. I don't get it - I remain polite and to the point. I'm not throwing my toys out the pram - ironically lack of support means the Ionic is the toy that I might have to throw out Smiley Sad

The Ionic design appeals to me and with leather strap compliments when I'm in business attire. The functionality "in theory" is everything I wanted from a Fitbit as well.

I've started shopping around again today and noted the closest is the Sony SmartWatch 3 SWR50. It's not quite as sleek as the Ionic, and I still need to read reviews, but at least I won't be closed off by support saying "Oh it's not compatible with your Sony phone".

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I just took mine back to the store and received a replacement. The new one hasn’t had any issues

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just visited Amazon to check my account - the ability to return only lasted for 1 month (expired 6th July). So now I cannot hope for a refund.

Instead I am now hoping support will reply and agree my Fitbit is a write off and send me a new one. Looks like my only option - only they don't reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry to hear you have the same problem! I ended up getting getting a
different device. Opted for a samsung s3.
Best of luck!!
Best Answer
0 Votes