Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic no longer charges

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've seen lots of comments about their Ionic watches not turning on or charging and then being able to fix with a restart/reset, however my watch will not recognize the charger at all. I actually bought a cradle charger thinking it might have been the cable but that doesn't work either. Sometimes my watch will charge for a few seconds and then just stop, or I'll get that "not enough power" message and then it will stop charging. I connect and disconnect after that the watch does not recognize the charger being connected at all. 

Any help would be appreciated as I'm going to be pretty mad if I have to throw a $300 watch away after only owning it for 15 months. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ha, they offered me the same 25% to buy another crappy watch. Not to mention several patronizing responses explaining how warranties work. I know that your lousy one year warranty is up. The point is that your $300 watch shouldn't immediately stop working once said warranty is up!

My new Garmin will also be arriving shortly. Happy running! 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

A warm welcome to the Community @IonicNoCharge. Thanks for the details and research done prior posting. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting tried and for buying another charging cable. I would like you to try charging it again but this time try changing the USB port and you can also try the tips mentioned on this article: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

Let me know how it goes. I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This does not work. My battery was 85% and overnight it just went dead. I've had this problem for 24 hrs, also changed the USB cable to connect to a lowe power device, nothing. Left it "charging" overnight, nothing. I had this watch for 17 months and it cost a pretty penny for it to stop working all of the sudden. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @Suskarmat83. Thanks for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting tried. 

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this with your Ionic. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned you already have a case with them, please continue the communication through email, they will continue assisting you. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Sylvia,

Yes I have a case, but it does not help much since they did not offer a
solution, just a 25% discount on a new watch, I did not want a new watch,
but it's ok, I already have a Garmin, looks, feels great and according to
reviews, even though some of them have gone like yours have, the positives
outweighs the negatives, your product is defective, do not know if it is
a glitch or not, but after thousands of people going through the same
thing, its something to get it reviewed by the powers that be at your
company. I've already deleted the app from my phone, I will not be
using it since I will not waste another $300 on a defective product that's
going to stop working in a year or so. Good luck with the company, stock
wise looks like it's not going as expected, I can figure out why.

Best,
Susan
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ha, they offered me the same 25% to buy another crappy watch. Not to mention several patronizing responses explaining how warranties work. I know that your lousy one year warranty is up. The point is that your $300 watch shouldn't immediately stop working once said warranty is up!

My new Garmin will also be arriving shortly. Happy running! 

Best Answer
0 Votes