Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic no longer tracking correctly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello again Fitbit Community,

I was having a few issues with my Ionic (eventually solved with the help of the community on here-Thanks). As part of the troubleshooting I updated the firmware on the tracker.

Since then I have found it hasn't tracked my exercise as well. Normally when I use the treadmill I average 4,100 steps, however since the update my average has almost halved (to 2,200). The speed\incline\time on the treadmill hasn't changed, just the firmware. 

I haven't noticed it as much with normal walking yet, so not sure if it just when I exercise or overall.

Do I need to recalibrate or something?

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Do several restarts and hopefully that will fix it. Let us know how you go 

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi NellyG,

Thank you you for your help.

Unfortunately even after restarting the Fitbit multiple times it still isn’t correctly tracking my excerise on the treadmill.

It seems to mainly be out when I put it into the excerise mode. Normal walking seems fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all,

Restarting the device still isn't working. I have even tried not placing it in excerise mode and going on the treadmill. I was on 6km/HR and it only logged at less than half that at 1.51 in 32mins. I have even noticed during the day the steps counts are also much lower. I get to my calorie goal but not always reaching the step counts. 

It's like it's tracking the heart rate correctly but halving my distance and speed.

Really disheartening. Only happened since last update. Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue with my ionic. It seems once it hit the one year mark (of ownership) little things started going.  First it was the sleep - it tracks it randomly, (and I wear the fitbit the same way everynight), then it stopped "giving credit" the days that I was doing weekly exercise, and now it is noting that I clocked 1.2 miles on the elliptical when I went more than twice that far. 

Best Answer
0 Votes