Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ionic not charging at all - dead nothing I am so upset - brand new tried att the tricks

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for getting back @gnielsen! Have you tried anything suggested in the link I shared yet? Fitbit typically advises charging via a USB port on a computer as it's lower energy output. What happens if you try that? I myself haven't had any issues charging in that fashion.

If that still doesn't work I would encourage you to reach out to Fitbit Customer Support for more help here: https://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Let me know! Cat Very Happy

Ionic / Alta HR ~ iPhone 6s

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi there @gnielsen, welcome to the Forums!

Bummer it's not charging!

When you say all the "tricks" can you share what those steps were so we can help?

Also, here's some other tips that may help: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1799

Good luck and cheers!

Best Answer

I have read about the others having trouble charging their iconic - i have tried

- making sure i have connection - no vibration 

- pressed the left button and lower right button for 10 secs - nothing also did all 3 buttons for 10 secs - nothing

- changed outlets

- i am plugged into my iphone charging cube into the wall. 

Please help - I am so bummed my sister gave me this for my birthday today. 

Thanks

gnielseb

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @gnielsen! Have you tried anything suggested in the link I shared yet? Fitbit typically advises charging via a USB port on a computer as it's lower energy output. What happens if you try that? I myself haven't had any issues charging in that fashion.

If that still doesn't work I would encourage you to reach out to Fitbit Customer Support for more help here: https://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Let me know! Cat Very Happy

Best Answer

I did read the link you suggested but the one place where i thought it would help me were when it suggested illustrations- to confirm i had it plugged in - well there were no illustrations- bummer

I will try plugging into laptop

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds good! If that still doesn't work, definitely contact Support at that point. 

Good luck and cheers! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i did not accept the solution - this is still not working - 

just plugged into into my laptop and it’s still dead - how secure is the connection supposed to be on the back - it seems i have to lay the watch face down for connection to stay together is that right?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, mine has a strong magnetic connection and sticks at any angle. I think you need to contact Support (link in signature) or return it to the shop you bought it from.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

MY ICONIC watch has DEFECTS – DO NOT BUY!

I’m a competitive athlete and business executive who purchased FITBIT’s ICONIC watch for the heart rate monitor, GPS tracking, and the Pandora app.  My ICONIC STOP CHARGING at 6 Months. After multiple calls to FITBIT’s Customer Service, I quickly learned how to perform the hard reboot on the ICONIC.  But, after it my watch failed (died) for good, FITBIT's Customer Service refused to replace the watch (2 weeks after warranty) or even give an incentive to purchase a replacement device.  WHY? THE ICONIC is a DEFECTIVE PRODUCT!

I will NOT purchase another FITBIT product based my ICONIC being a defective product and how customer service managed the situation. 

My question to FITBIT: Why have you NOT FIX the ICONIC CHARGING DEFECT? 

You LOST a customer and influencer that promoted your brand.  Poor business decision.

Best Answer