Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit had a charge on when I got it started to to download the program to it but it was not charging now it is ded 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Donald33 nice to see you around. Sorry for the delay. 

Thanks for all the steps that you've tried to connect your Samsung Galaxy J3 with your Ionic. You might be having syncing issues due to your phone's compatibility. 

We're currently receiving feedback about different devices that are not in the official list. And our team is working hard to add as many devices as they can but in this case, we can't assure the Fitbit App will be working flawless with this model. 

Our best recommendation is trying to set up and sync via computer/ laptop. You can also use any other compatible device. If you wish, you can try these steps with your phone too. 

Let me know if you have more questions about it. Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Donald33! Please receive a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

Thanks for letting me know that your Ionic is not charging. Let's try a couple of steps that might help to bring to life your Ionic. 

I'd suggest to clean the contacts of your Ionic. These contacts can become obstructed by microscopic dirt or debris that prevents them from making a good connection to the charger. Use a toothpick or toothbrush to clean the charging contacts, do not scrape them with anything metal because this may damage the plating and result in corrosion. 

Please try to restart your Ionic after cleaning it. How are you changing your Fitbit? We recommend plugging your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or other low-energy device. If necessary, you can use a UL-certified USB wall charger. Don't use a USB hub or battery pack to charge, and only use the charging cable that came with your tracker. Did you have issues before with the charging cable?

Please take a look of these recommendations to charge your Fitbit too.

Let's give it a try and please keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I took it back to the store and exchanged it for the Newer watch

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Donald33 thanks for getting back for letting me know this information. Let me know if I can keep assisting you with anything else.

I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit watch is connected to my Samsung galaxy j3 but the app don't want to connect to the Bluetooth I have uninstalled it and reinstalled the app I don't know what to do now 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Donald33 nice to see you around. Sorry for the delay. 

Thanks for all the steps that you've tried to connect your Samsung Galaxy J3 with your Ionic. You might be having syncing issues due to your phone's compatibility. 

We're currently receiving feedback about different devices that are not in the official list. And our team is working hard to add as many devices as they can but in this case, we can't assure the Fitbit App will be working flawless with this model. 

Our best recommendation is trying to set up and sync via computer/ laptop. You can also use any other compatible device. If you wish, you can try these steps with your phone too. 

Let me know if you have more questions about it. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes