Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not counting steps properly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am so disappointed with my Iconic tracker.  It is NOT counting all my steps when I am working out in the pool.  I am capable of taking over 1,000 steps in 10 minutes if not more.  Lately though it's not bothering to count many steps at all.  In 10 minutes it might count 243 steps for example.  I jog in the water almost daily.  I have only had this thing since mid July.    Sometimes turning it off for an hour will take care of the problem but not always.  After spending so much money for this thing I expected it to work properly. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@swimmerivy A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thank you for the detailed information shared. 

I see where your disappointment is coming from. I appreciate the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. 

Please confirm the following settings are correct in the Fitbit app: 

Since we use height to estimate your walking and running stride lengths, you may want to measure and manually adjust these values if your legs are longer or shorter than average. For more information, see How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity?

Sometimes, when you start walking, your steps may not update on your device right away. After about 10-15 continuous steps, you'll notice the steps catch up and start updating in real time with each step you take.

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes