Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not finding GPS

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just bought my ionic to replace my charge 3 because  using my iPhones GPS has recently been using up too much phone battery on hikes and lately has not been recording probably. I’m really frustrated as the only reason I upgraded to the ionic was to get back the built in GPS which I had with my old Surge but its won’t connect!

I have rebooted, updated latest software etc but still not finding GPS

Please can someone help - thank you 

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

@anncjones It's nice to see you around. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

I appreciate the details mentioned and the troubleshooting tried. Thanks for sharing how this situation has made you feel. 

There are a few reasons why GPS might not connect. Review the information below, then check the requirements and troubleshooting steps.

1. Environmental factors, including tall buildings, dense forest, steep hills, and even thick cloud cover, can interfere with your device’s or phone’s ability to connect to GPS satellites. If the signal is blocked—either because you're underground or due to another reason—GPS won't work. 
  2. Confirm that GPS is enabled on your device. For more information, see How do I turn on GPS for an exercise on my Fitbit device?

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes