Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not functioning correctly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

To whom this may concern;

I have a Fitbit Ionic which I have had for close to 2 years. (Will be 2 years December). 

About 2 weeks ago, my original Fitbit showed that it was needing charging. I plugged it in and it would not show that it was charging. I kept it plugged in for several days with no response. Then yesterday, I thought I would see if it would respond to the buttons. It did! So I let it charge completely. I then tried to see if it would work for which it kind of did. It seemed to take a while before I could get where I was needing. I then went to "factory Default" and now it will not respond at all. 

Last week, I received a new replacement Ionic last week and just before I tried to see if my original Ionic would work. After I got my replacement Ionic up and running is when my original Ionic started to kind of work. 

Is there a way to revive the original Ionic? Just asking. 

Thank you very much!

Michael Richardson 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Is there a way to revive the original Ionic?

Pretty much all you can do is is unpair it from any device and factory reset it. Do this connected to a charger with it mostly charged, as the battery can become problematic as it ages. If issues restarting it, you can press all three buttons together, also connected to a charger. When the logo appears, release only the bottom right button. After it vibrated release the other two buttons. Then you should be able to set it up again. 

Not sure if you can now have two devices connected to the same account? Probably not. Someone can confirm.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello PaulMe! I did what you suggested but it did not do anything. And I
did this while still plugged in as suggested. I will keep trying unless
there is another way to get it to operate again.
Thank you very much for your help! I am looking forward to more ideas to
get my Ionic up and working again!
Thank you!
Michael Richardson
Best Answer
0 Votes