Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not loading maps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Iv'e been using the Ionic for around a month and after every run I can see the map of my route taken along with other information. As of yesterday none of the maps will load, even for previous runs. The Fitbit records the run details such as distance, split etc but wont show any of the maps. This seems to have happened since an update a few days ago. Is this a known bug thats being fixed or is there something I can do to fix it? It's connecting to the GPS fine as it tracks eveything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I should point out the maps load when logging onto the fitbit dashboard on PC, so doesn't seem to be an issue with the data being recorded, but with how the app displays.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Comicbooknerd thanks for bringing this to my attention, I'm happy to give you a hand with your maps concern and a warm welcome to the Community Forums too. My apologies for the delay in responding your post.

Seems odd that the maps are not being displayed on the Fitbit app, certainly this is not a common situation. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know which mobile device you're currently using? Also, when was the first time this situation was experienced? When you try to check the actual map, you receive an error message? The app crash or just never loads? In the meantime I receive your answers, please try the following:

1. Uninstall the Fitbit app
  2. Reboot your mobile device
  3. Reinstall the Fitbit app
  4. Check that your mobile device operating system is up to date

Let me know how it goes, I'll be here. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for getting back to me. Oddly the day you replied the map started to load again...

Im using a Huawei mate 10 Pro and up until around a week ago the maps would load fine on my device after a run, I could look at them and see the route and markers etc.

Then after a recent update, the maps wouldnt load, on my exercise screen a box is there for them, but just has a red/pink loading wheel that spins constantly and doesnt load the map. If I click where the map should be I get Heart rate, Calories and Impact sections to view but no map (I dont get these options when a map actually has loaded, that instead shows Map, Splits and Heart Rate).

The map from this week has loaded fine as it had previously, but all maps from previous weeks arent loading, inluding all the ones that have loaded previously. 

The app doesnt crash, I dont get any errors, it just doesnt load them.

As it has now loaded my map from the Run for this week, I will leave it as it is, and see how it works when I next go for a run. If it has a similar issue ill uninstall the app etc ( a little hesitant to do this at the moment as when I set up my watch for the fist time I had a lot of problems getting it to connect).

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome @Comicbooknerd thanks for your reply and the information that was shared with me, it's a pleasure to continue assisting you. Sorry for the delay in responding.

I appreciate your effort and time troubleshooting this situation, it's nice to see that this situation was oddly resolved after I responded to your post, however, thank you for letting me know and for your patience. Please do not hesitate to contact me back if you experience the same situation again, I'll be here ready to help you.

See you around, it was a pleasure to assist you. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes