Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not responding

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit ionic, started to act up, by turning it self off and back on, as well as showing incorrect data once it was back up. After syncing once more it crashed and since then has not reacted. No green blinking led, no reaction at my attempt to restart. As soon as I put it on the charger (eventhough it’s nearly full) it starts to heat up. I have no clue what to do, can someone please tell me? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @LeaH18, your participation here in the Community Forums is appreciated.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for the details that were shared, your effort troubleshooting your device before posting over here is also appreciated. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know if your device vibrates when you start charging it or is it completely unresponsive? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. 

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @RicardoFitbit my Fitbit is completely unresponsive, so there is no vibration when it starts charging.

i have red the article you provided and I did not get any results. My Fitbit is still unresponsive.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @LeaH18

I’m sorry to know that you’re still experiencing difficulties with your device despite trying the troubleshooting steps from my previous post, your effort and patience troubleshooting this situation with me are appreciated. I recommend you to try the below steps to factory reset your device and let me know if the issue persists:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. When the device successfully resets, please use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware. You can check: How do I update my Fitbit device? for more details. 

Keep in mind that a factory reset procedure erases stored data, including the stats that were not synced to your Fitbit account. Also, applications installed, music downloaded, alarms, etc. 

Let me know if further assistance is needed and if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @RicardoFitbit, thank you for your very detailed explanation. I have already tried this. But as the Fitbit is completely unresponsive, there is no Fitbit logo when I try to factory reset my ionic... thus it does not work. 

Best Answer

You're welcome @LeaH18, your reply is also appreciated.

I'm sorry to know that you're still experiencing difficulties with your Ionic despite trying the troubleshooting steps that were shared on my previous post. Because the issue wasn't solved, the best way to get help for this specific problem is to chat directly with our Customer Support team or give us a call. That said, please click here to get connected and receive further assistance.

I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes