Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not syncing after update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I update my Ionic on Feb-15 , since then its not syncing

I have checked Bluetooth

Uninstalled / Installed App

Tried using my friend's phone to sync , still it wont, not even on Windows PC App

I don't want to reset/restore it as I did by Best workout (I rode 100Km ) yesterday , please help 

regards

Ankur

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Great to see you around @907MudBugs. Thank you for the details you've mentioned and for being a loyal customer. 

I appreciate the factory reset you performed. I would like you to confirm that you've tried this syncing troubleshooting. Also, confirm that you've restarted it and fully charged it

Hey there @AdamZ1989. Thank you for the details that you've mentioned. I'm glad to hear that it's now working properly. 

Great to see you on the Community @Bigfrank1. I'm glad to hear that it's working properly now. Whenever, you're navigating on the app and you're trying to change the clock face, it's loading and if you force quit the app and then open it again, it will install automatically. It's pretty weird that the clock face is changing automatically. Please try restarting it and continue monitoring it. 

Hope this helps. I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
21 REPLIES 21

I am having the same problem. It seems like the last update has some bugs. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
So what seems to be the solution? I do not wish to lose data
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve it the same problem. Not sync after last update. Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How long did it take to update?  I had mine updating for 2.5 hrs and then it just suddenly stopped updating and went off.. and now the 2hrs of updating was useless. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I didn’t time it. I started when I went to bed & the next morning it was
downloaded.
Best Answer
0 Votes
can anyone help with my problem ? how to fix the sync thing ? 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great to see you around @ankursodhi@KarenLeah@Bigfrank1 and @Fritchie. Thank you so much for the troubleshooting that you've tried as well for the details mentioned. 

I know some of you have performed some steps in order to fix this issue. However, I would like you to confirm that you've followed each step by step on this article Why won't my Fitbit device sync?. Remember that if you restart your Ionic, you won't lose any information. However, if you do the factory reset then it might delete some of the data. 

Also, let me know if you have another device paired to your account. 

Hope this helps. Let me know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks... But somehow it magically synced last night. All is well now ☺️

Regards

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, I've run into the same problem that a lot of people are seeing as well. I've done a full wipe from the app, web browser, and have wiped bluetooth connections. I've done the full factory reset, 3 button to 2 button reset, no results. I had it take last night, and then woke up this morning and noticed the clocks of by roughly 30-45 minutes and it seemed to go up the more I tried to sync the fitbit. I've wiped again and it's now stuck in the boot loop, after having the red x "sync to clear" error.  I think I have to just either let it sit since it seems like it's either an app/OS based issue or start looking at competitors, and I dont really want to do that since I've been around since the Fire but at this point, I'm running low on patience with stuff working well for months on end and then stuff being broken, which I understand can happen, but this newest update seems to have taken it to a whole new extreme. Last time I had to have the 2 functions "all day sync" and "run in background" on to get my then Blaze to communicate but the app wont even register now with my Ionic. If this helps my phone is a Samsung Galaxy s9+, to see if it can narrowed down to hardware or software. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and have power cycled my phone during each fresh registration effort. The Ionic was bought through Target. My account is currently has no fitbits linked to it. This isn't to rag on the dev team, it's to try and  give insight and help fix the problem.

Best Answer

It's great to see you around @AdamZ1989! I appreciate the details that you've mentioned as well for the recommended troubleshooting that you've tried in order to fix the syncing issue you're experiencing. 

I've created a case on your behalf with our Support team, they will continue assisting you on this matter. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So first my Iconic goes from 3-4 days then all of a sudden this week it would not last a day.  Did some research on here and have done a factory reset and at that time it updated too.   Now it will not sync.  I have always like fit bit but I am really close to getting my money back on this one.  Seems like my cheaper ones did better than this one.  FYI I have only had it two months and have had more problems than the one that I had for over two years

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had a development on my end tonight. I got my Fitbit out of the death spiral that is the boot screen. I've noticed that when you start fresh from a factory wipe, even with the red X error, I'm noticing that the spot the app and Ionic have issues is after the "set up wifi" step. I enter my info for my encryption and the Ionic connects. The app will give you the 3 steps notice for it doing the update and tells you you can still do whatever you want as the update is going live, the app will run for an odd amount of time and will then pop the notification "Update Failed". Heres where it gets odd, the Ionic will complete the update over wifi, but the app and in my case, my phone, will not recognize or even find the Ionic after the Ionic completes the software update. The watch is now operating on software version 27.33.1.30 and working with my phone again so its somehow reverting to the last software version on it's own. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My iconic changed watch faces by its self. I didn't change it. Don't
understand why this happened also I have to keep sync it manually because
the temp is wrong. I've got it on auto sync. Love the Fitbit but am not
happy with what it's doing now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine will now sync, but still have to charge it everyday ...Which is really weak ..because these are supposed to last for days ...but just need to get into the routine like its my phone and also probably need to get another charger for it...so I always have one ...what a waste of 200 ...I knew I should have just got the iwatch instead

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great to see you around @907MudBugs. Thank you for the details you've mentioned and for being a loyal customer. 

I appreciate the factory reset you performed. I would like you to confirm that you've tried this syncing troubleshooting. Also, confirm that you've restarted it and fully charged it

Hey there @AdamZ1989. Thank you for the details that you've mentioned. I'm glad to hear that it's now working properly. 

Great to see you on the Community @Bigfrank1. I'm glad to hear that it's working properly now. Whenever, you're navigating on the app and you're trying to change the clock face, it's loading and if you force quit the app and then open it again, it will install automatically. It's pretty weird that the clock face is changing automatically. Please try restarting it and continue monitoring it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SilviaFitbit   Yes I have done everything.  Less than a week a go it would last 3-4 days now as I am typing this I am having to charge it.  I love doing challenges with co-workers and other people and it just kind of bugs me that I have to spend a hour charging it in the middle of the day so that it will last till I get off work.  I work 12-14 days. I have already gotten into a routine of bringing my charger to work with me.  The fact that I got this on sale from my insurance company I probably can't get a refund or a exchange.  Just disappointed ...And even if I could it takes weeks for me to get the replacement and that is me shipping mine to them first ..NOPE ..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for getting back @907MudBugs! I'm glad to hear that you were enjoying your Ionic as you're doing a lot of Challenges and workouts. I've created a case on your behalf with my team and they will continue helping you.

Your comments and feedback are appreciated. Whenever, they ask for the device back is because we want to improve our trackers and fix any malfunctioning that can happen to devices in the future. You're always covered under warranty, even if you got it from your insurance. Our team will inform you more about it. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer

@SilviaFitbit  ...Thank you ...I guess I read to much as I thought it was only if I bought it off the website.  And that did not make any sense to me.

Thank you again 🙂

Best Answer

No problem @907MudBugs! We're here to assist you and clarify any doubts. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes