Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not syncing at home but it does when outside

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So my Iphone and Ionic wont sync, the bluetooth on the phone doesnt even start (wheel of death) but when I go into a field a mile from my house I can start bluetooth and sync the ionic.  Whats that all about then?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@Rubbishrich, sounds like the phone is experiencing a conflict between its WiFi and its Bluetooth.  When you are out of range of your WiFi it works, but when you are within range is does not. Try an experiment to verify this: While at home, use the phone's settings to disable WiFi, then open the app to sync the Ionic.  If it syncs, the problem is a conflict within the phone.

Best Answer

Whats that all about then?

Wifi not setup in the Ionic properly? First thing I would do is restart your wifi modem. Wait a few minutes for it to boot up and configure itself. I would then also reboot the Ionic and your phone, and then check if it syncs correctly, after the Ionic boots up. Still no go!

Go into the Fitbit app and click your profile image (top left of the app). Click Ionic and scroll down to Wifi settings. Check that the app is connected to your modem using the 2.4GHz band. Add network if it isn't.

Failing this you may have to delete the ionic from the app and also the phones Bluetooth and reconnect it again. Go into your phones Bluetooth menu and after deleting the Ionic from the Bluetooth - search again for the Ionic. Still not working? You may have to do a factory reset of the Ionic from the settings menu after doing the above deletions, and follow the screen prompts to setup wifi and Bluetooth etc.

As Larry says, there is some sort of conflict or incompatibility between the Wifi modem and the Bluetooth connectivity. Make sure you also install any OS and Fitbit app updates the phone finds.

Best Answer
0 Votes