Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic is paired with a Moto Z2. It has worked great. It hasn't had a full sync since 4-12. It hasn't synced exercises or sleep.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

A warm welcome to the Community @TRice6. Thanks for the details that you've mentioned. 

I was reviewing the list of supported devices and it seems that your Moto Z2 isn't a supported one. Fitbit is always testing new devices and adding them to the list.

In the meantime, you can try this syncing troubleshoot but I can't confirm your watch will sync because it's not in the list. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had it since 12-25-18. It has worked perfectly from day one. It has tracked everything and given all text and email notifications. As I said, on 4-12 it synced and hasn't since. I tried all suggestions and it won't even pair now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for getting back @TRice6. I've shared your post with our Support team, they will continue assisting you on this matter. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic stopped syncing on 4/4/19 with my Pixel 3 (which is on the list of supported devices) and my laptop (even when it is plugged into it). I got my Ionic last August. I've tried every method to troubleshoot it. Turning bluetooth on/off; restarting/shutting down the phone; uninstalling/reinstalling the app; restarting the watch by pressing the 2 buttons; shutting it down completely in the settings; and then finally unpaired the device completely and now it will not pair back again. Very frustrating!

Best Answer

I too have a similar issue with my Ionic and syncing with my Android Nexus 6P. Last synced March 6th, I have 2 other devices synced to my account no problems. There is definitely an issue with the Ionic, unpaired mine and it will not repair. Let me know if any solution is reached.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally just restored to factory settings. I deleted app and reinstalled. After doing those steps, I went thru the process of restarting using WiFi. It went thru the entire process and is now working correctly.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @Gwar316. Thanks for the troubleshooting that you've performed. I appreciate the details you've mentioned as well. Can you let me know if you were able to set up your Ionic?

Welcome to the Community @Thomas856. Thanks for the troubleshooting that you've mentioned. I would like you to try these steps to get your Ionic paired to your account again. 

I'm glad to hear that it started working for you @TRice6.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was not able to. The factory reset worked for a few minutes and then my iconic shut off completely and I was left with a blank screen. It wouldn't restart. The online chat service was able to help me out since it was still under warranty. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have had the same issue for well over a week and only syncs maybe once or twice a day but not when I try to sync it myself.  Ive seen similar issues with pixel users and I'm hoping it can be resolved in the May Update

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Gwar316. I'm glad to hear that you contacted our Support team and they are sending you a new one. 

Thanks for continue participating in the forums @Merek. If you're still having issues, I can create a case on your behalf with our Support team. 

Regarding any updates that you're seeing, you can check our article in what's changed in the latest Fitbit device update? to check all the information about the latest firmware versions. You can also check our Fitbit Blog here

I'll be around if any question arise! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too ended up doing a factory reset and deleting my app.  During the new update install process, which failed twice, the second time my ionic screen went black and device is unresponsive. I contacted support and my replacement is on its way. I got my old blaze out and using iit.The blaze is a true champ, wore it everyday for over two years and it still works perfectly. The ionic on the other hand has been a disappointment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Thomas856. I'm glad to hear that you got in touch with our Support team and they are sending you a replacement. 

Hope you can enjoy your Blaze while you wait for your Ionic. I used to have a Blaze before the Ionic and I loved both. 

Best Answer
0 Votes