Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Counting steps without moving

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic recently started acting up and is no longer useful. Just a few days after the warranty expired, it started counting steps without even moving. I normally use it to count floors as I train for vertical running, but am now without a working fitness watch. My first Fitbit died too, about 16 months after purchase when it got wet with sweat and also stopped working. I assumed the Ionic (being waterproof) would be the answer, apparently not. 

Anyone else having problems with their Ionic? I think these watches are inherently unreliable. 

https://youtu.be/-t7ngxGJJYk

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Stairmaster , welcome back to our Community! I'm glad to give you a hand with your Ionic concern.

It's completely odd that your device is counting steps when you're not moving at all, thanks for the video that was attached. First, I want to share with you our help article How accurate are Fitbit devices? for a better understanding of how Fitbit devices measures data. However, since your device is counting steps without even moving your arms, I'll suggest you to restart your Ionic and check it's behavior.

Keep me posted, I'll be here if you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes