Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic stopped syncing with the app on Tuesday. Through the app I can still see the HR and step data so it is communicating, but cannot receive any sleep data. Tried resetting the Ionic multiple times but did not solve. Another forum recommended unpairing and repairing the Ionic so I tried that but will not pair now. When I try to setup a new device it sees the Ionic and provides the 4 digit pairing code but then the app says it is unable to connect.

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @Bri188  - restart your phone (and watch) and try again when the code comes up and you enter it it should then work.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me as well on Saturday. I was changing the wallpaper if the device for the new year and suddenly I got stuck with one, I can't connect my fitbit to my phone anymore and I am not receiving any more notifications. I tried to disconnect the fitbit from my account and even re downloaded the app but the problem isn't solved. Any help will be appriciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @parth8b  - try removing the Bluetooth entry from the phone and logout of the app.

Restart watch and phone and login to the Fitbit App. Without closing it go to home screen on the phone. A sync popup should appear, click on it and it should reconnect.

If it doesn't, click the profile photo and " Set up a new device" that should get you connected.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't help either. Is there anything else that I should do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The app can't find my ionic anymore. I have been trying to connect them but to no success. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@parth8b- which of the steps did you try? Did you get the sync popup?

Probably best to contact Fitbit Support directly. They may be able to help you.

Also reachable via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support.

Post back if you find the solution as it will help others.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So after calling customer support and trying a couple options like turning watch off and on, force stopping the app, nothing worked. Last option was a factory reset of the watch and that ultimately solved the issue and so far at least seems to be working properly again.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Bri188 @parth8b

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced to sync and set up your Fitbit Ionic. Thank you for trying to get them resolved before contacting us.

@parth8b To resolve syncing issues we recommend following these troubleshooting steps. In addition, as mentioned above you can set up your Watch as a replacement device:

1. Tap the Today tab EdsonFitbit_0-1641244435314.png, and tap your profile picture.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

If you can't set up your Watch, please follow these instructions.

@Bri188 Thanks for letting us know how you resolved the issue.

Thanks for your support, @Guy_.

Hope this helps.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes