Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not turning on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Suddenly the Ionic went off and didn't recharge at all. After 1 day it start again but not recording heart rate, the walking and the touch screen is not working anymore. Is my 4th Fitbit but this is the last, lot of issues. This watches are not reliable. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @SunsetRunner, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for your post. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know if the heart rate sensors are flashing or is your device completely unresponsive? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. Such article includes a restart process which can be really helpful for this situation

Looking forward to your reply.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @SunsetRunner, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for your post. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know if the heart rate sensors are flashing or is your device completely unresponsive? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. Such article includes a restart process which can be really helpful for this situation

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ricardo the light is flashing and the Ionic is charged, by  the way the last charge ladt 4 hrs.

I did restart the ionic several times but no improvement, the touch screen is not working anymore and is not recording any heart rate and any passes and im not able to navigate the various menu of the watch. 

For your information the watch is draining battery very fast, it was 100% 1 hr ago and now is 89%.

Best Answer

Ricardo could you please let me know if my Ionic is still covered by warranty? Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your reply is appreciated @SunsetRunner, thanks for all the details that were shared with me.

Since your device is on but certainly not working as the way it was designed, I'd like to suggest our factory reset procedure. To do so, please follow the next steps and let me know how it goes:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. When the device successfully resets, please use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware. You can check: How do I update my Fitbit device? for more details. 

Take in consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account and your applications, alarms, etc. If you would like to know more about how our limited purchase warranty works, please check this link.

Let me know if further assistance is needed and if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ricardo I did try all the suggestes step several times and I installed all tje software updates but the touch screen is still till not working.

What to do?

Please could you clarity ifbmy Ionic isnstill under warranty, thank Gianfranco 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your update @SunsetRunner.

Since the troubleshooting steps that were shared on this thread didn't work, let me share with you that I've contacted our Customer Support team on your behalf for them to provide you further assistance with the difficulties you're currently experiencing with your Fitbit Ionic. Please keep an eye on your email inbox because they'll be in touch with you in a timely manner.

In regards your warranty question, I'm unable to determine if your device is within our warranty scope as a Community Forums moderator, however, our Customer Support team may answer that question.

In the meantime they get in touch with you, let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes