Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not turning on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

my ionic won’t charge or turn on. I have cleaned the contacts, I have tried two different charging cables in a mains socket and via my Xbox, I have held all combination of buttons down. 

Can anyone please help further. 

Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Jay.

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

Hi @Jayrt, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for trying some troubleshooting steps before to posting over here. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know if the heart rate sensors are flashing or is your device completely unresponsive? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll be here.

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • My ionic is having the same issue. It’s complete dead and not charging. The connection is not great but when I have a small amount of charge I can usually find a spot to charge it. I bought a new cable and cleaned everything but no difference. What do I do now? The article you posted does not help. 
Best Answer

Same problem here!! Since software update charging became harder now totally dead and unresponsive- an answer would be appreciated 

Best Answer

Hello everyone! Hope you are all well. My ionic is also not working. It was working fine this morning but noticed that the screen was off and wouldn't turn on. The heart rate monitor also wasn't on. I tried plugging it in to charge but the screen still didn't turn on. I also tried the hard reset (pressing all three buttons at the same time until the Fitbit logo shows up on the screen - I don't even get to this part). The HR monitor lit up after doing some button pressing but when I tried the reset process again, it turned off. I really like my ionic so I really hope it's not the end of it. Is it true that it may have something to do with the last software update?

Best Answer

I am having the same problem.  But my screen show a little glow, as if it's on, but there are no actual numbers or icons. Help. I've tried tried the hard reset as well. With no luck. Screen is gone. 

Best Answer

Hi, 

thank you for the response, and sadly there is no sign of life at all, no sensors lights or lights on the screen, just totally dead, I dee lost with out my fitbit 😞 so any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you in advance.

jay.

Best Answer

Hi everyone (with a dead Ionic 😳😞)!!

Im in this boat with y'all on this one.. I just got a new phone and was having issues getting my Ionic to connect, so I attempted restarting the device. Once it was off, i expected to be able to restart it, but sadly it will not start up. It is dead as a doornail, will not start - at all. Even on a full charge.. We'll see what happens in a couple of days after it just sits there..

HEY FITBIT!!!!!! GIVE US AN ANSWER! THERE ARE A LOT OF DEAD IONICS IN THE WORLD. 

Best Answer

Hi, 

thank you for the response, and sadly there is no sign of life at all, no sensors lights or lights on the screen, just totally dead, I dee lost with out my fitbit 😞 so any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you in advance.

jay.

Best Answer
Yeah, mine, too has completed died. 😟 I contacted Fitbit via live chat and
was told it's a hardware issue. I'm now waiting to see if I will get a
replacement. I also feel lost without it. 😓
Best Answer
0 Votes

LT, I honestly didn't know there was a live chat option.. Who knew!!

Im curious how old your Ionic is?? Mine is about 2 1/2 years, so well out of warranty. Also, they (THE Fitbit) said it was a "hardware" issue?? I wonder why they haven't released any official statement..

Thanks!!

Best Answer

I'm in the same boat. I've had mine 18months when it did this after update. Wont do anything fitbit offered me 20% off discount. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

'm in the same boat. I've had mine 18months when it did this after update. Wont do anything fitbit offered me 20% off discount. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

HEY FITBIT!!!!!! GIVE US AN ANSWER! THERE ARE A LOT OF DEAD IONICS IN THE WORLD. 

Best Answer

Boo!! In my opinion, I'd rather have an answer and a fix, than 20% off. It's just so frustrating 😖

Im about this close to chucking mine in the trash 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is definitely not coming back to life. It's over 2 years old. They
still have not gotten back to me nor could they give an ETA and I can't
wait any longer. I'm just going to get the Versa. I hope they would at
least be transparent with the issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes

20% off is less than the current sale as well!  ☹️

Best Answer
0 Votes