Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic notifications services not running

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For several days, my Ionic says “Notifications service not running.  A phone restart is required to enable notifications”.....I’ve restarted my phone numerous times. I’ve logged in and out of app several times. Nothing works. I’m using a Samsung 8+....anyone else having this prob?

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I’m a bit out of touch with android but that sounds like a phone issue, and its notification services, rather than a Fitbit generated error. Somewhere in your phone’s settings there may be something that needs resetting. Hopefully someone more fluent in Android will step in because I’ve no way of looking up the matter, sorry.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Issue is with fitbit software. Wide spread on androids, not sure about apple.

Having same issue

Best Answer

Having same issue with Samsung 8.  Checked and it is an approved phone.  Tried all troubleshooting tips posted no luck. Tried changing messaging apps, still no luck.  Rebooted both phone and ionic a number of times with no luck.  Running Android 8.0.0.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also have been getting, only in past few weeks.  I haven't gotten it since recent app update but too soon to tell if that really addressed it.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all! Thanks for taking the time to let us know about the "Notifications service not running" banner you are receiving. 

I have forwarded this information to our product team who are currently looking into similar reports.

I will be sure to keep you all updated as more information becomes available. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What I get is just a Fitbit icon in the status bar at top of phone, so I swipe down to see notifications, and see it as a phone notification.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue, it's never really worked since I purchased my ionic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Managed to solve my problem with notification. I have Huawei Mate 10 pro on Android Oreo.

All I needed to do is to go to (I have different language so I'll try to translate this) Battery settings->startup management. There you have a complete list of apps on your smartphone. Next find Fitbit app on the list and uncheck 'Auto Management'. A menu will popup and check all three option there (auto startup, indirect startup, run in background). Next restart the phone. Didn't receive any popup in fitbit about notification service not working afterwards and all them started working for me. Yay!!

Hope this will be helpfull for other people with different smartphones. It seems that there is some battery optimization processes working that prevents Fitbit to work properly.

Best Answer

Hi all!

Thanks again for taking the time to report the error message inside of the Fitbit for Android app:"Notification service not running. A phone restart is required to re-enable notifications on your tracker."

Our team is aware of this issue and are currently working on a fix. I recommend following this dedicated thread on the Android board for additional updates. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer