Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic replacement - I want full refund

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey there, I need a bit of help. Because I’m truly fed up and frustrated. 

Who do I contact to make a complaint about the appalling level of customer support from Fitbit?

My Ionic was about 2 month when I went abroad and did a lot of swimming. First of all my nearly brand New Ionic did not register any swimming. But then my touch screen completely stopped working and in a matter of a few days my battery went from holding 4-5 days to less than 12 hours. 

Contacted the Fitbit and it was backwards and forwards with constant automated service  messages including online chat support. I have sent them videos and images of my faulty Ionic. But when I contacted chat support again they said they didn’t receive my videos when I clearly sent them. 

Anyway... 

Fitbit asked me to return my Ionic which I did and the have even sent me a DHL Label. I tracked the progress and they received my returned watch the next day in Netherlands and the person has signed for it. My watch was checked and obviously it was very much faulty. So they sent me two emails saying “ahh great news we are ordering you a new one” or words to that effect.

So here is me sitting and waitng for my watch but when I clicked on my order online to see the progress just to find it was cancelled. Like oh my god what is going on. I went straight to online chat support. And again their Robotic answers and scripted apologies didn’t really build my confidence Some time later after finishing the chat online I received an email asking me to return my faulty watch. They issued two case reference numbers because they don’t communicate with each other. 

This is incompetence and very poor service from a big-name brand. I still do not know when I will receive my replacement device. It’s all started in the beginning of April. I still haven’t got a watch. I want a full refund now because it will be easier for me just to go and buy a new one. 

Sorry for a long winded message I really had to let it all out. 

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

That's alright. Sometimes people need to vent.

Let us know if there's any specific help you need.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m still kinda raging 😤 and I really want to make a full on complaint about the way they handled my case. I’m not happy. I spent too long without my watch. 

I need some contact details for acomplaint department if that exists. Fed up with automated service they use via email.

Arghhhhh

Best Answer

@Svetkalana,

Call sales. They always answer the phone and may transfer you to a real person.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dont know if you still get on here, but I've had pretty much the same experience.  I've had mine for 3 months and long story short once they did get the requested videos (sent them 3 different times) they sent my return label. Shipped it the next day and watched the progress. Tracking said it had been received but it took 3 weeks for them to actually get this thing through there system to send me a replacment a month later. The replacment came with out a band ( I shipped mine with it) so I had to wait until I could Monday to go but a replacment  I've had my replacment fitbit now for 1 month and it seems to be a refurbished **ahem**.  They sent me must have been yours old one because the touch screen work sporadic at best! The charging port wont work with the supplied cord, only with the charging dock I purchased. I know I have to start this whole return process over again and I'm really disappointed that for the money I spent on this I cant get the enjoyment  I purchased it for. I really would just like my money back and start over.....probably not with another fitbit! Ps this is my 4th fitbit, I have kept upgrading every time they come out with the next best tracker. I started with the charge HR.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue here. Still not solved?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have a phone number?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My whole thing took from June 17th when it broke till July 10th to finally get it back such terrible customer service and such a cheaply made product 

Best Answer
0 Votes