Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic's battery life not lasting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Right I'm going to start this by saying, I bought an ionic Adidas November 2018...i don't add any apps or tunes, I use it many for the steps floors etc as I do hillwalking, my watch is fine so far. 

I bought my wife the none Adidas ionic 3 days after mine as she had a blaze and the battery life was terrible she had a hd before that and it was worse, so my long winded question is what's going on with the battery life fitbit??

Up to a few days ago she would get 4 to 5 days out a single charge but now she doesn't get 12 hours, we pay a lot of money for those watches the straps aren't the best, I had to replace mine a month ago at £25, but to only give a year on the watch and if the battery goes you give use terrible excuses do this do that, how about giving us a really good battery in the first place, I look forward to any reply. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

@Ossie1969 It's nice to see you on the Community. Thanks for taking the time to share what you're experiencing with your Ionic. 

I appreciate that you mentioned you and your wife are using Fitbit devices. Your feedback and comments help us to continue improving our services offered. 

Rechargeable batteries do have a life span. A lithium rechargeable battery have an average life span of 2-3 years from when it was manufactured. In addition, during that time it can be recharged hundreds of times. But with each discharge/recharge cycle it losses a small (very small) fraction of its charging capacity.

If you're still experiencing battery life difficulties, please try the tips on this article

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

2-3 years average lifespan of the Lithium Ion battery is ABSOLUTELY worst case scenario. People pay hundreds of dollars for these devices. In some countries they cost a small fortune due to local wages etc, and are simply out of reach for millions - hundreds of millions.

These devices should be designed for 4-5 years life - MINIMUM!

One charge every 4 days would give the following.

365/4

= 91

91 x 4

= 365 charges over a life estimate of 4 years.

This should be achievable at the cost point of these devices.

I'll be reasonably happy If I get 3 years good battery life - if the firmware doesn't stuff the device beforehand.

How likely is this?

Best Answer

I agree, am going for a solar watch next unless fitbit bring one out

Best Answer

@Ossie1969,

I purchased a Citizen Solar Eco-Drive WR100 watch in 2003. Still going. 

Best Answer

Yeah I understand that, so why doesn't fitbit make it easy for the user to change the battery? I don't want my watch to last 2-3 years then you have to through it away, I'm not looking to pay well over £200 on a watch every 2 to 3 years either, I have watches 30 years old that I can replace the battery on... You see where I'm coming from now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Solar is the future although been around for many years, imaging a solar watch a solar phone... Manufactures would do something, send out a signal to kill them so you need to buy a new one no doubt 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah I agree with that, my wife's ionic was fine one day, but then the next she couldn't get a full day out of a charge in the morning, I hope they are not doing an apple but I still say, they should have made it easy for their customers to change the batteries ourselves. 

Best Answer