Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic's distance incorrect

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Ionic for two years and it has worked fine until a couple of weeks ago. When I go out for a run or walk, the GPS is not tracking correctly. The distance is incorrect. For example, a 5 mile run shows up as 4.8 miles or less. I have tried restarting it a couple of times and it hasn't helped. Does anyone have any suggestions on what else I can do?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Community. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Thanks for the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. All devices with GPS sensors require a direct path to GPS satellites to calculate location. A weak GPS signal might affect the accuracy of your route and other activity data. Your device uses your step count to calculate distance until it finds a signal, so the total distance calculated for a workout may be slightly less accurate when GPS isn't available for the entire time. Could you confirm that your Ionic isn't losing GPS signal?

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thank you so much for your response. It is the same route that I have always done and never had problems with the GPS signal in the past. So I am sure that it isn’t losing the GPS signal. This has me totally baffled and frustrated to say the least. I have always loved my FitBit  products and am now questioning this one 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sylvia

Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this? I have had the watch for 2 years and am unsure if it is worth my time to call the help desk. A bit frustrated and would rather have this one but need something and will purchase a Garmin if I have to.....

Lisa

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thanks for getting back. I apologize for the delayed in my reply. 

In this case, I would like you to try setting it up as a new device on your account and then try tracking another activity. 

If you're still experiencing difficulties with your watch, I'll be happy to create a case on your behalf with our Support team and they will continue assisting you. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your offer. I purchased a Garmin and have sold the FitBit on eBay as defective.
Best Answer

My wife and I just did a short walk, both wearing Ionics on our left wrist. Her results were 2481 steps .94 miles 51' 48" pace. Mine was 3311 steps 1.09 miles 46'01" pace. We were pretty much side-by-side the whole time. Any ideas?

Next, we'll probably try switching devices to see what happens.

Best Answer
0 Votes