Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic's exercise settings not saving

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

With every run, I have to change the automatic lap distance from 0.5 miles to 1.0 miles.  I'd like to reset the default distance on my Ionic to 1.0 miles so that I don't have to go into Settings and make this adjustment with each run. (Why was the default set at 0.5 miles in the first place?  Who measures 1/2 mile laps anyway?)

Synced with Galaxy S8.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@kschersc Welcome to the Community. Thanks for letting me know that your exercise's settings aren't saving. 

We’re aware of it, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

In the meantime, you will need to change these settings every time you're starting an exercise. 

Thanks for your understanding. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a similar problem but my Ionic switches from 1 mile to 4 miles.  I get nothing unless my run is 4 or more miles.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RunningMagic A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

I would like you to make sure you followed this procedure to change your laps: 

1. On your watch, open the Exercise app 

> swipe to choose an exercise.

2. Tap the gear icon 

in the top left.
  3. Find Show Laps, and change the setting to Automatically.
  4. Find Automatic Lap Settings, and choose the cue type and frequency.
  5. Press the back button to return to the exercise screen.
  6. Tap the exercise screen, then tap the play icon 

to start the workout.

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
What you describe is the process I have to go through every time I start my exercise routine, specifically a Run. My lap setting is not saved; my Ionic resets to the default of 0.5 mile laps and I have to go through the process again at the beginning of my next run. 
Kim
Best Answer
0 Votes

@kschersc Welcome back to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

In this case, I would like you to restart your Ionic and then change your exercise settings and check the next time if they get saved. 

Let me know how the troubleshooting goes. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also followed the steps you listed.  I started to have the problem when I upgraded to 3.29 of the Fitbit App.  I can look at my history and see the exact day it started.  I have restarted the Ionic several times trying different distances and it still will default back to 4 miles.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same issue and found this in a different thread and worked:

• On the app: Ionic icon (top left) > Exercise Shortcuts > Run > Cue Every

Best Answer