Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic’s many malfunctions

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The ionic was great for the first two months. Then the issues began. First, the GPS stopped working. Second, the exercise app stopped working. Gone were the days when I could run and then switch to the weight training mode. Third, the touch screen stopped working. All throughout this time I would hard restart the Fitbit. I used to own the Fitbit Surge, so I am accustomed to these issues and the hard restart resolution. Fourth, the heart rate/green lights had issues. I would be sitting in place and the “ionic” would register my heart rate at 170! Fifth, I looked on as my “ionic” began shuffling icons without me even touching the device! And, of course, the device shuffled the exercise app away from the upper right hand button—so I couldn’t start it!! I had to resort to hope, to just start running and hope It would trigger the app, and, at first that worked, but over time it became unreliable (hence, writing now). Sixth, after the icons shuffled, it was actually HARDER to workout because I couldn’t start the exercise app and couldn’t use the touchscreen and my frustration with the “ionic” made me focus more on the device than on my workout !!! So, now I am 8 months into all of these problems and I can’t take any more. I’ve been a loyal Fitbit customer for years, but can’t put up with the “ionic” any longer. I’ve taken the watch off my wrist.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Runzabyt,

Sorry to hear of your experience with the Ionic. Since it's only 8 months old, I would recommend contacting Fitbit to see about the warranty. You can contact them with the Help link at the upper right hand corner of this page, then select "get support". I'm sure they'll be able to work with you.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Runzabyt,

Sorry to hear of your experience with the Ionic. Since it's only 8 months old, I would recommend contacting Fitbit to see about the warranty. You can contact them with the Help link at the upper right hand corner of this page, then select "get support". I'm sure they'll be able to work with you.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes