Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic screen glitch

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic's display is glitching out. You can see there are little lines going down the display, it's turning different colors, and to add on to that there are green lines in the background and sometimes it just looks like it's melting all in to a bunch of lines. 

Can anyone help me?

Best Answer
0 Votes
171 REPLIES 171

Hi @motoprincess and @Softballnyc1 thanks for posting your comments on the Fitbit Community Forums. Sorry for the delay.

We're glad to see you around, thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit environment, customer service and devices. This has not gone unnoticed, please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

I'll be around in case that you have additional questions and thanks again for your participation in the community!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I too have begun to experience this issue. Have tried changing clock faces as well as restarts. Where do  I submit a ticket? Picture available but I don’t see where to upload.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MikeSwae yeah they are absolutely zero help. Even though it is a known faulty seal within their product. They refuse to stand behind any type of warranty because it is over 12 months. And said they're willing to give me a small discount to spend more money on products that are faulty. I've told them screw you and everyone else that is willing to listen and I've taken my money to Samsung on their new Galaxy watch instead.

Best Answer

My watch just started doing this, is replacement the only option? I tried restart and shutting off? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It appears so. I chatted with support and they sent me the info for
replacement. It was quick and easy.
Best Answer
0 Votes
pretty much
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on my second fitbit as my first one's screen totally has lines in it and cannot be repaired.  I contacted Customer Service and they sent me a new on but it will not charge.  I was on the phone with them for 30 minutes last night and they finally told me my warranty had expired but they did offer 25% off the next one I buy.  Whoopee.  This is so frustrating and I dont think these products hold up as advertised. 

C

Best Answer

I have given up on Fitbit they have done everything to loose me as a customer. I recommend doing the same. Products fail, software frustrations, update frustrations... shopping for a new match to my lifestyle. I once was a very proud Fitbit owner after this screen death on a $$$ device I can no longer in good faith purchase or recommend it to anyone... find another product. 

Best Answer

Add me to the list of those experiencing the annoying screen glitching with vertical lines down it. It looks just like the pictures others have posted. I  have literally spent over $2,000 on fitbits over the last 7 years because I  love the platform.  However, the problems with the devices are getting really old, and I am thinking of switching to Garmin. 

Best Answer

Think my Ionic is on its last legs. No vertical lines but screen colours are altered and seems to be fading around the edges. Almost impossible to read stats displayed. Just out of warranty so expect no joy. Reading the comments on this forum does not inspire me. Will look at another brand as replacement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

AMEN

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic has just started doing the same thing. I have done a restart and changed clock with no change. Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I reset my ionic to manufacture setting while charging and now when I charge my ionic the screen glitches 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was under warranty, so called Fitbit and they gave me a free replacement.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had now 3 Fitbit Ionic watches, and they have all experienced screen failure (in subsequent inoperability). The last one just happened (again) with no obvious antecedent event: screen just looks different, lines start, and then graphics start to blur. Eventually it fades out like a star to complete blackness.

This last watch was a replacement for the one that had failed previously in the same manner. 

This is a known problem that is not being addressed by the manufacturer, and because the product is not covered with a more sustainable warranty, I've decided it's time to move to a different product. I would continue to use Fitbit if this problem was fixed or if unknown issue such as screen failure was provided with a lifetime warranty. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Reading this thread it says in several places that this glitching and lines on the screen issue started with this latest os release. My ionic has been glitching and having lines on the screen for a couple weeks now started out small and is now very noticeable iv had my ionic for some time now and it isn't under warranty anymore. I did multiple factory resets and clock face changes and these work arounds have not solved the issue. My question is what are all of us whose ionics aren't under warranty anymore supposed to do about this issue? I sincerely hope we don't just have to accept a company sending out an update that breaks their product and have to spend money on replacements or repairs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been able to get in contact with them and they are sending me a
replacement. I had lines for a few days and then it completely died. I do
believe I was also out of warranty, but have had many fitbits over the
time, so they were happy to replace mine. Get in contact with them on chat
and I wish you all the best!

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have contacted customer support regarding this matter and was told after a long conversation were i explained this only happened after their firmware update and was told to bad here is a coupon to buy another watch. i asked to speak with a supervisor and am currently waiting for them to contact me via email..

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good luck. Ionic I think will go down in history as Fitbit’s Leyland P76. Nice idea.. just failed to meet expectations. Once Apple gets over its battery limitations Fitbit/Google will be in trouble Can’t continue by eroding it’s loyal customer base who will begin looking for options. Fitbit can’t afford to keep denying there is a problem and burning off consumers.
Best Answer
0 Votes