Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic screen glitch

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic's display is glitching out. You can see there are little lines going down the display, it's turning different colors, and to add on to that there are green lines in the background and sometimes it just looks like it's melting all in to a bunch of lines. 

Can anyone help me?

Best Answer
0 Votes
171 REPLIES 171

I have the same issue, can a case be created for me as well?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi . After about two years my ionic screen went black. I contacted their tech support through their chat and they agreed to replace the watch..replacement came within three days. Very happy with that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is exactly what happened to me. I first had issues with my blaze, therefore upgraded to an ionic about a year ago. I started having green line through the entire screen. I contacted customer support and was put through the process of restarting my device, which made my screen go completely dark. It still turns on, but I have no display at all. Since they gave me a coupon for the ionic, I was told that my warranty is "voided" for a replacement and received a 25% off coupon instead. Absolutely disappointed. I was trying to stick with Fitbit, but after 2 devices breaking on me in the past few years, I am done wasting my money. Looking into Apple products now..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

I have a similar issue experienced as the below Fitbit customer

please do assist

thank you   

Best Answer
0 Votes
I received a replacement from fitbit.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issues tried reset, hard reset, factory reset but still the same problem, this is the second ionic I have owned with the same problem, screen works when I take the phone of and leave to kne side for 20 mins, but then glitches when I put it on ???

Best Answer
0 Votes
OMG. You bought two Ionics!!! Fitbit should award you for your loyalty at least. I’m not so trusting. A lemon.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I should have learnt the first time!!!!

Hopefully Fitbit will honour my loyalty with a fix, if not....Any recommendation

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would be interested in the details of this fix as well. Mit Ionic just started doing this yesterday as well

Best Answer
0 Votes

I suspected water ingress as one of the sensors on the rear (heart beat sensors) looked to be indented ( as per my 1st watch also) nothing has pushed it in, I suspect it's a design fault, perhaps heat related... anyway,

After drying the watch (I used a large bag of silica but rice should work just as well) the watch came back to life. 

I am sure this is a design fault as I said, this is the second ionic i have had both with the same problem,, still waiting on a response from fitbit, no answer as yet!

Best Answer

I will try to dry it out, it cannot hurt.  I really love my Ionic, and it is now three years old. For the price I do expect a longer life span though.

Best Answer
0 Votes
there is no fix they refused to replace my watch. recently i decided to give fitbit a what 4th chance. bought another ionic from them this time i got a 4 year warranty. didn't even get to charge the watch once before the battery broke and wont take a charge. now i'm sitting here waiting for a replacement to arrive yet again. what a **ahem** company. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

I got in contact with them and the sent me a replacement.
--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I figured as much, I did but this watch more than three years ago.  With everyday use I guess that is about the best you can hope for.  They did offer me a 20% discount on the purchase of a new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

sad day my iconic has 5 lines guess I now have a paper weight 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got the same issue but now my screen only shows the backlight on. Tried a hard reset with no luck. At least it seems that it is syncing with my phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Don’t bother. Mine is long gone. Lemon
Best Answer
0 Votes

C59A555D-CD76-4906-A54B-83565BFDD196.jpeg

FE7175B3-9BC1-4A3F-BA87-DCB4A21F7E94.jpeg

 I am having the same issue. Have tried reset and new clock faces. Nothing is working. Unfortunately it is more than a year old but the screen should last longer than a year 😕 disappointed to say the least. I really liked the ionic up to this point; with the exception of the OS that prevents iphone texts from displaying. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
i might recommend the ZE watch that's been going around lately it will even tell you what your blood pressure is i wish i had went this way instead of getting another ionic.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic also died. Well, my second one. My first also died but they replaced it, the replacement is now out of the original warranty (replacement watches don't get their own warranty. 😕 ). They told me I can have 20% off another one of their products.....

The Fitbit platform is good, the app is nice and the watch is all I really/want for my uses. Saying that, I will look in to an Apple or Samsung watch since Fitbit products just seem to break all the time. My wife's Charge HR also died within a year too, their hardware is fragile and not fit for purpose.

Best Answer
0 Votes