Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic screen glitch

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic's display is glitching out. You can see there are little lines going down the display, it's turning different colors, and to add on to that there are green lines in the background and sometimes it just looks like it's melting all in to a bunch of lines. 

Can anyone help me?

Best Answer
0 Votes
171 REPLIES 171

@jgrenier15 wrote:

Hello, my Ionic has been working perfectly, and then this morning it started clutching with lines through the screen.  I tried the e time restart and that actually seems to have depleted the screen of its coloring.  I even tried to change the clock display and the quality of the screen did not change.  This watch was a Christmas present, so I should definitely be co ered under the warranty, but just don't know how to proceed.  I am going to try and add pictures in a follow up post.  Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

20180520_081005.jpg

20180520_080848.jpg

20180520_082049.jpg

Best Answer

@jgrenier15 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with Ionic's screen and for sharing those pictures. Also, thanks for trying those steps in order to sort this out.

I went ahead and created a case with customer support in your behalf. They should get in touch with you soon. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Hellow @SantiR.  Thank you for getting back to me.  I don't always wear my Ionic at night as I'm not typically a fan of wearing a watch when I sleep as it keeps me up.  At any rate, to follow up and I'd like to open a case on this as well.  The glitchy discolored screen I at first only noticed in the morning when I put it back on for the day.  I've tried the restart as you suggested below but it doesn't resolve the issue, the following day.  The other day I had taken the watch office for about an hour - when I put it back on the watch was glitchy again but just as the morning, if you wake the screen of few time the glitchty discoloration eventually goes away.  I conclude that for some reason when there is not activity the screen show glitches.  FYI I have also tried to different watch faces (both Fitbit and 3rd party) and it makes no difference.  If you need me to take a few pictures I can, just let me know.  This is definitely disappointing for such a great tracker otherwise, and I question if screen failure is looming.  Please let me know how to proceed.  Thank you.

Best Answer

@craftbdd Thanks for your reply and for providing all of that useful information. Also, thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps provided.

Yes, please, if possible share a couple of pictures of this. That way, once I create the case with customer support in your behalf I can send them the pictures as well and make the process faster and easier for them too.

Please keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

20180523_052132.jpg

20180523_052159.jpg

20180523_052147.jpg

As you requested-  pictures of the screen glitches I get every morning.

Best Answer

@craftbdd Thanks for your reply and for sharing the screen shots! This is very helpful for customer support to be able to see right away (without having to request this to you directly) what is happening with your Ionic's display.

So, I went ahead and created a case with customer support in your behalf. They should get in contact with you in short. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

Best Answer

My Ionic is glitching out as well, ever since the update. I have a case and I've been going back and forth with support for a few days. First they had it listed as a Blaze, which it's clearly not. They were issuing a replacement voucher, until they realized it was an Ionic (even though I clearly said it was initially). Now I'm told there's a "special" team handling the Ionic corrupted display problem. The last email asked me to reset, and I went from being able to see items in my screen, albeit sporadically, to a completely black screen. So now I'm waiting to see what they'll tell me to try next. It's pretty obvious my Fitbit's officially bricked, but I guess they're not ready to accept that. Pics below. Hope this gets sorted soon.

Fitbit Ionic corrupted display photos

Best Answer

@npalmer610 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with your Ionic's display. Also, thanks for contacting customer support regarding this and for sharing those pictures.

I went ahead and contacted you via PM. Please keep an eye on your Community inbox. 

Best Answer

Hi there, I'm also having the same issues with my Fitbit Ionic screen. I've tried restarting the watch but doesn't work.  Change the screens and did not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I shipped back my Fitbit Ionic. Currently waiting on a replacement. Will
report back once my issue's resolved.
Best Answer

Hello,

My Ionic has been having the same exact problem with the screen ever since the last update. The pixelation comes and goes, but it's usually there. I've only had the ionic since Christmas, so it's disheartening to have it already be having serious issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah. My replacement is supposed to arrive Tuesday, so I'm cautiously
optimistic that this'll be resolved.
Best Answer

@npalmer610 Thanks for your reply! I'm very glad to hear that you are getting a new unit. Did you received it already? Please feel free to follow these replacement set up steps for you to not loose any of your previous data. 

@Juanmlondon @ProfBiddler Welcome to the Fitbit Community! That's unfortunate. Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with Ionic's screen. 

Could you please share a couple of pictures showing it? That way it will be easier to process it with customer support.

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer

@SantiR I am having the same problem - started almost immediately after the latest update.  I only got my fitbit in December 2017.  I am currently overseas heading home tomorrow, so back in Australia on Saturday and hope to speak with customer support then.  Essentially it started as a glitching screen but has deteriorated to lines up and down the screen... no amount of restarting has fixed it.  I did a reset and thought it was ok for a day, but then the screen just died and went blank.  Attaching it to the power cord brought the screen to life again, but that was when the lines started.  I have had absolutely no issues with my fitbit prior to this update and to have this happen at a time when I've been hiking and overseas has been a right pain in the butt. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep, definitely seems tied to latest update. My replacement is en route,
now estimated to arrive Friday. It took a bit of doing going back and forth
and verifying my bricked Fitbit, but I'm cautiously optimistic I'll be back
up and skating with my Ionic this weekend. Stay tuned and good luck.
Best Answer

IMG_5052.jpgIMG_5053.jpgIMG_5054.jpgIMG_5055.jpgIMG_5056.jpg

Here's pictures of my fitbit in action at the moment.  

Best Answer

@npalmer610 Thanks for your reply and for providing those details. I'm glad to hear that you are getting your new unit on Friday. I'm sure you will be skating with it this weekend.

@LilRhino Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting the situation with your Ionic's screen. Thanks for trying those steps in order to sort this out. 

I went ahead and created a case with customer support in your behalf, so no need to call them. They should get in contact with you soon. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

Hope this helps. Let me know the outcome! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

As promised, coming back with an update: I received my new Fitbit pebble (the watch face minus band) via USPS on Thursday. Took it out for a spin today and it works great, even better than the previous. I was having trouble logging miles when I skated, but no problem logging miles or mph using bike as the exercise. Did install the latest OS update, and no corruption of my display occurred. All in all, I'm very happy with the final resolution to my problem. To those still experiencing the display issue, definitely submit a ticket and most of all, be patient. Good luck!

Thanks, @SantiR, for all your help and support along the way and for checking in to make sure my case was resolved!

IMG_20180622_110108.jpg

IMG_20180624_095418.jpg

Best Answer

@ProfBiddler, definitely submit a case. The last update corrupted the display somehow. You're still in your warranty window. Take advantage.

Best Answer

@npalmer610 You are very welcome! Thanks for your reply and for updating this thread with the experience you have had with customer support. I'm really glad to see that your new unit is working properly now, even better than the previous one and that you are back on track with your daily fitness activities. 

I'm sure your experience will be of great help for other users too who are experiencing the same. 

Now that you are back on track, feel free to check this thread to add some Fitbit friends to compete with.

See you around! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer