Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic screen is black

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the same problem. Since a few days my Ionic screen is black. It is still working, because I can still synchronise with my phone. Resetting does not help.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

@Kriek Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already restarting your Fitbit Ionic. Nice way to go! If your Ionic screen is blank but it is able to sync, I'd recommend changing the clock face from the Fitbit app.

If the issue persists, I suggest trying the following: 

1. Important: Please note that you'll need to reinstall any apps on your device after the reset, and if you couldn’t sync your device, then any data on the Fitbit device will be lost.  
  2. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  3. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  4. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  5. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays fitbit.com/global/us/setup
  6. When the device successfully resets, please set up your Ionic as new device. See How do I set up my Fitbit device?

On a side note, I've moved your post to this thread so we can keep our forums organized.

Hope this helps. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I had a similar problem. My Ionic's touchscreen was malfunctioning inconsistently for a week or so, and then all of a sudden went black, with just a slight glow around the edges when the screen was on. It was still syncing to my phone and recording stats.

I attempted the advice of this column and did a factory reset. Now, my screen still doesn't work, but my Ionic is not connected to my watch, and therefore not recording my stats. I am unable to connect it to my phone, on account of not being able to see my screen and the passcode displayed there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for trying to help me.

Changing the clock face did not help. I felt it vibrating, so it did change. The screen stayed black however.

Then I tried your other suggestion. The Fitbit logo did not appear, so I held the buttons for 12 seconds, before I released the bottom right button. After a few seconds my Fitbit did vibrate, so I think the procedure has been done properly. I waited 5 minutes, but my screen stays black. I have tried this twice, but without success.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome! It's great to see you around @TMac86. Thanks for your response @Kriek

I'm very sorry to hear that the instructions provided didn't help and the inconvenience has persisted, my best recommendation is contact our Support Team so they can look deeper into the issue and help you with this matter. You can contact them through chat or over the phone. Click here to get connected. Make sure to mention the steps you've followed, so they can help you from there. 

See you around. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Cindy,

I have clicked on the link, but I think I can only contact support via social media. It probably sounds strange, but I don't have any social media. Do you have an email address where I can send my support request to? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Kriek

Thanks for your reply. Please note that our support team is not providing assistance via email, I suggest contacting them over the phone or via chat, you can click here to find the contact. If not please do the following: 

Open the Fitbit app 

Tap your profile picture at the top left 

Tap Help & support and then tap Contact Customer Support 

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem, two days ago !$

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ejriverajaime Welcome to the Community Forums. 

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit device. If you haven't done so, please follow the instructions listed on this post. If the issue persists, I recommend contacting our Support Team, I know they will be glad to help you out and provide a solution. Click here to get connected.

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes