Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic screen too dark

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

About 2 weeks ago, i assume after an upgrade as wifes Charge 3 has done the same my screen has gone too dark to see, unless its night time / dark i can read it.

i only have one option which is to leave my screen brightness on max, this drains the battery in less than a day.

unless fitbit can change what setting they updated this watch is now useless if the battery cant last all day because i have to compensate for the dark screen.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @AlastairClark.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I understand how you are feeling and recommend confirming that your watch is not in "Sleep Mode". For more information, see How do I navigate my Fitbit device? 

I also recommend trying the following:

1. Restart the device: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  2. Switch to a Fitbit clock face: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device? 

To maximize your Fitbit device's battery life, see the tips in Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life? 

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive done a full factory reset now after speaking on the live chat with a fitbit colleague.  The screen now has a mind of its own, the touch screen no longer works and it often behaves as if the screen is being touched when it isnt.   When this behaviour stops the screen goes too dark to see again. 

Unfortunately its time for the bin in this case. 

I have been offered 35% off a replacement device...  but i think its time to try a different brand.  I loved my fit bit ionic, i am grateful it lasted 2 years, my wife got through 4 in this time (fit provided replacements), if i am going to buy a smart watch for £300 i think the expected life should be longer than 2 years.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the update, @AlastairClark.

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I understand how you are feeling, I am sure our Support team tried their best to help you, each case is reviewed individually and a solution that's being provided is based on the Fitbit Warranty. I appreciate your understanding and hope you could give Fitbit another opportunity in the future. 

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes