Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic sometimes does not count steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I charged my Ionic to 100% last night. When I put in on in the morning and went out and exercised, it only recorded 12 steps. The sad part is that I only noticed it wasn't counting the steps when I checked to see how many steps I got at the end of my workout. Recently the Ionic has been unreliable and the only way to get it to start counting again when this happens is to restart it but then at some point later that day or after a few days it stops counting again. This happened in April and May 2020 and I thought it was fixed with the last Ionic update, but it is doing it again. Anyone else seeing this behavior? I am seriously thinking of switching to some other vendor if this keeps happening. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @MrMartinG, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for the details that were shared in your post. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know which mobile device are you using with your Ionic? When was the first time you experienced this issue and how many times since then? Is your device not counting steps only or other stats like floors too? In the meantime I receive your answers, please try our restart process and let me know if the issue persists.

Looking forward to your reply, let me know if you have any additional questions. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @MrMartinG, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for the details that were shared in your post. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know which mobile device are you using with your Ionic? When was the first time you experienced this issue and how many times since then? Is your device not counting steps only or other stats like floors too? In the meantime I receive your answers, please try our restart process and let me know if the issue persists.

Looking forward to your reply, let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI Ricardo,

Sorry for the delay in responding.  Yes, performing the restart process seems to have resolved the issue.  I will alert you if the process repeats itself.

Best Answer

Your update is appreciated @MrMartinG.

I'm happy to know that the restart process that was suggested on my previous post resolved your issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me back if you require further assistance in the future or if you have any additional questions for me to answer, I'll be here ready to help you out. 

Because your issue was resolved and just if you're interested, I want to suggest you to visit our discussion forums and participate over there. There are several users that share helpful information and tips about eating well, how to manage your weight, better sleep, a mindful lifestyle and some inspiring stories too!  

Thanks for being part of the Fitbit family, it was a pleasure to assist you.

Best Answer
0 Votes