Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic starting issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

ionic battery died and despite charging won't start. I have tried pushing left button for ten seconds, all buttons, left and top right, left and bottom right but ionic won't start. Any advise please? I have a half marathon tomorrow so I am very stressed. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hey there @saddoud, it's nice to see you around the forums! Hmmm... this is very strange, but thanks for troubleshooting this issue already. Nice way to go! 

First of all, let's make sure that your battery is being charged when it's connected to its charger. Have you checked if the contacts on your tracker or charging cable are not dirty? Dust and debris can accumulate over time and prevent a charge. Try cleaning them by following these instructions.

I'm wondering, where do you charge your tracker? Have you checked if by any chance the USB port or outlet is faulty? If you haven't done so, try a different port. A UL-certified wall charger will also work. Don't use a USB hub.

If so, plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger. 

Hold the other end of the charging cable near the port on the back of the watch until attaches magnetically.

Ionic battery photos.png

Charging fully takes up to 2 hours. While the watch charges, you can tap the screen or press any button to check the battery level, but it seems that the screen doesn't come up at the moment so I'd recommend waiting those 2 hours and then go for a restart (once again) by following these steps

Let me know if this helps! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. It has been charging already for more than two hours using a wall socket. Charging ports are clean on both sides as well. This is the first time that I let my unit battery charge die. Any additional advice or have I lost my tracker. I just bought it 2 months ago. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @saddoud! What about the restart? Did you try it? Also, I was wondering if by any chance the green lights on the back of the Ionic are flashing? Any message or so that you are getting whenever you try restarting your device? 

Keep me posted! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes