Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic stopped tracking steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do i rectify my counter step? It stop at 15368 without adding any more steps. I am also currently doing a company global challenge and this would be major disaster! Any ideas?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Bullsman, hope you're doing great! Hmmm.. that's very strange. Was this the first time your Ionic stops tracking your steps? I'd suggest restarting your tracker by following these steps: 

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. If your Fitbit Blaze, Fitbit Ionic, or Fitbit Versa doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again.

I was also wondering if by any chance you experienced syncing issues when you noticed that your Ionic wasn't tracking your steps? If so, I'd recommend taking a look at the article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Point me out if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi  @MarreFitbit My Ionic also stopped tracking steps.  I restarted and it's still not tracking my HR or steps. It stopped at 4996 steps.  I was able to successfully sync it with the app. I had charged it and it updated the battery life, but nothing else. I don't have any updates available to perform. 

When I synced, it didn't transfer my steps from the app to the ionic.

Thanks!

Edit to add: the counter on the Ionic says 0 and undetermined.  The App tells me the step count for the day stopped at 4996.

Best Answer

My Iconic has stopped working as well. I has 0 for my steps, BPM, Miles, Calories, etc. It still shows the time, Date, and temp. The app has been tracking even though the watch has zeros for everything. I have restarted the watch several times and tried to put it on the charger as well and it did not help. 

Best Answer

@waymastere

I had to change my watch face, resync and then you can change it back.  It tracked for me after that.

Best Answer

Mine stopped, too. I've restarted my watch and it still says I've taken no steps and had no activity. My app says otherwise, so it definitely had a successful sync.

I just noticed, it says 'undefined' under the step count. Not sure what that means.

Update: I selected a new clock face and it synced. I'm wondering now if some of the clock faces are not keeping up with the new features.

Fitbit Sense| Fitbit Alta | retired Garmin | retired Fitbit Ionic | Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me thanks! I switched faces and I guess it had a glitch in it.

Best Answer
0 Votes