Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic stopped working won't reset

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchased my ionic the beginning of Feb 2017 and this morning I was able to use it for my spin class without any trouble and about an hour ago the screen went black and I can't do anything with it.

I have tried to reset it and nothing happens, the fitbit logo never appears.

The battery was at about 50% this morning when I left the house.

Looking thru the forums it appears that I am not the only ionic owner whom this has happened too and unfortunately my ionic is 16 days past the 12 month mark which means it isn't covered under the warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

excuse me while I as you a question.  How in the heck have you owned an Ionic since feb 2017 when the watch wasn't released until october 1st 2017???

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @JennJen1! Thanks for the details you've mentioned and for the troubleshoot that you've performed. 

It sounds like you bought your Ionic in February 2018, that's why you mentioned it's past the 12 month mark. I would like you to confirm that you've restarted it and try charging it again but this time changing USB ports. 

Thanks for the clarification @johneric8

Keep me posted! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me this morning and again this afternoon. Apparently there is an issue which is impacting the Iconic watches. No known solution was available this afternoon when I called. 

Best Answer

The only solution Customer Service gave me was a coupon code for 40% off. I refuse to spend any more money with a company that doesn't respect my investment in being a customer.

This is absolutely ridiculous. 

Best Answer

Great to see you around @Mosle. Sorry for the delay on my reply. I appreciate that you mentioned that you contacted our Support team. If you continue experiencing this, let me know and I can create a case on your behalf with them, so they can provide you with options.

Hey there @KariBanner! Thank you for sharing the resolution that our Support team gave you. Our team provides options based on the Fitbit Warranty. Sorry to see you go, hope you can gives another opportunity in the future. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic would not sync so i tried a master reset and while doing so i got a message saying Data not cleared Sync & try again but my Ionic will not sync, how can get this resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is my third Fitbit and this iconic version shows time and steps but no other apps.  Keeps telling me to unlock w my phone and I never get the ;4 digit number to appear on my phone. I should have gotten an Apple Watch w the money spent On Fitbit!

very dissatisfied 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ordered  mine  20th March 2018  so I guess I got it on 24th or 25th,   stopped syncing today  did a restart and it just died completely and it was at 50% charge. 

Fortunately I was within the 12 months so am getting a replacement ionic.    For this amount of money  250 or 300 euro  at the time of purchase   you want something that lasts a good few years.   And it must be costing fitbit a fortune in all the replacements they are having to send out, not to mention I see a lot of people talking of changing to Samsung or another tracker/ watch.  It's a shame because I really like it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear, I will guide you on how you can recover your Ionic, If only you will give me your Gmail so that we can talk better on hangout, okay

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay, look I can help you out, it once happened to me sometimes but I resolved it. You would have to give me your Gmail so that we can talk better on hangout, if you don't mind.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you

Sally Weidner
Sent from my iPhone please excuse any typos.

Moderator edit: Removed personal information 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much for the Gmail, now you can accept my invitation, which I have sent you already on hangout okay.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@johneric8 my apologies, I had the year wrong. Feb 2018 is when I purchased the watch.

Best Answer