Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic stopped working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My 6 months old Ionic developed a screen issue a couple of weeks ago. Evert time the screen came on it would take longer and longer. There were lines running down the screen when it came on but then it would be ok till the next time. I tried changing the clock face. I updated the firmware. I tried a reset. All to no avail. Now it won't come on no matter what I do. It just isn't working. What do I do now? Can anyone help me please?

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Same thing is happening with mine. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My just died a few days back and won't come back to life either - I've tried all methods of charging and hard resets/reboots 

Nice £300 paperweight though

As a user that bought this watch on pre-order and as an early adopter I couldn't be more disappointed with my first (and last) fitbit experience. 9 months of problems/firmware issues with this watch for it to finally just give in and die. 

I have emailed support and hopefully I will be able to get a unit that works so that I can sell it on to get a product that works. 

Going back to my Polar M400 that despite being years old still works just fine.

I'll provide an update on what support is provided 

Ionic - Samsung Galaxy S8
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks James

Yeah it's really annoying when you struggle through all the fitmware and connection issues with this product just for it to pop it's clogs anyway. Good luck with support. I bought mine off ebay so I may just have to take this one on the chin lol

Best Answer

Well after a few emails back and forth with Fitbit I am now being sent out a new charger cable to check if this is the issue. 

I don't believe it is and I did push to be able to send the Ionic back straight away but they insisted a new charger be shipped and tried out first. 

Currently 1 week without the watch working at all  

Best Answer
0 Votes

With ionics dropping like flies to the 6 month battery plague, it does seem unlikely that the cable is the issue. I hope you have better luck getting them to honor their manufacturer warranty than I did.

Best Answer

As expected the charger wasn't the issue. Fitbit have now sent me a delivery label to return the Ionic for a replacement. 

Lets see what happens. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Send it back and Fitbit have now had the watch nearly a week. 

No sign of a replacement just yet. Farcical really. 

Now been without a working Ionic for over a month 

5 star customer service.........................

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JackFitz66 and @jamesvfennell Welcome.  I realize I'm late to the game, but just wanted to check in with you both to see if your problems have been addressed and if your Ionic's are back on your wrists and working properly?  Please let me know and thanks for posting to the forums!

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately my Ionic is still somewhere unknown as Fitbit haven't had the common courtesy to keep me updated on what is happening with the replacement 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just gave up today, in the space of 6 hours - a line appeared on the working screen, then the line was the only thing I could see and then nothing.  This is very frustrating as I was quite happy with my watch but now I'm thinking that its going to be the tip of the iceberg after reading the reviews on here! 

PS I had for under 3 months, it didn't even made the dreaded 6 month mark.  

Also I have tried resetting, turning on/off and charging before you suggest I do that.  Now I guess I just wait for Fitbit to get back to me. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, this is crazy. My Ionic stopped working too. I’ve had it for only 6 months. I back & forth with tech support right now. I see from the other responses I’m in for a long haul😡.

My won’t get off the green Fitbit symbol on the screen. It may connect for 30 seconds then back to the green symbol. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't expect for this to be resolved in a hurry - My Ionic was received by Fitbit 8 days ago and I have still heard nothing. 

Being advised to be patient by the support team really doesn't help the situation 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Inquiry No: 25557014

Is anyone aware of a formal complaints process or escalation process for support queries?

I am now in a situation where Fitbit are asked me to verify whether I sent the Ionic as it is missing! (what a joke after 2 weeks of waiting). I confirmed that it was definitely sent 

I received a further message advising that my case was being worked on and now silence for 6 days despite sending 2 further chaser emails. 

Disgusted that this is their flagship watch and this is the way they treat a customer that bought the  watch on release day. 

At a loss on what to do next

@MattFitbit @CarlosCFitbit @ErickFitbit @EdsonFitbit @MarreFitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

So after a week and a couple of emails giving me various options of charging my watch, turning it on and off and a hard re-set I asked for a refund straight up.  The answer I got was that they do returns inside a 45days period or go speak to the retailer your purchased from.  This is super handy seen as though all of the problems start just outside the 45day period.

Anyway for the first time ever I am glad I went through an alternate source (I try to purchase direct as they provide better customer service) and Qantas have promised to have my watch sorted out in a week after a 5 min chat where I explained what I had already done.  (very similar to the first complaint I put in to Fitbit)  Fingers crossed I get a happy ending.  

Good luck to those struggling with Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes