Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic stopped working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Tonight my IONIC just stopped working and am unable to reboot.  Any suggestions?  Tried pressing all three buttons at the same time but the device still fails to reactivate.  How would I go about getting this device refurbished? 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Si1340.

I appreciate trying to resolve the issue you're experiencing with your watch. I understand your concern and recommend trying the following:

1. The complete troubleshooting instructions at Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

2. Change a clock face: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?

Keep me posted on the outcome. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks but still no joy on bringing my watch back to life.  On my phone app it says charged to 86% so plenty of power.  Just looked and I purchased this device in Feb 2019.

What else can I do to bring this watch back to life ? 
cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @Si1340.

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also had this same Problem. tracker purchased 1/8/2019 so really not that old. Always taken great care if it. But this is the second time that this occurred. The first one was within warranty so I was able to take it back to retailer and they swapped it over for a new one - this one. 

My Ionic is Displaying a Battery empty symbol when it is plugged in but wont charge. I've charged it over 24 hrs and0 also attempted the 3 battery reset many times.

Last Sync with the App was 31/12/2020. (I think this is 2020 taking one last grab at me before the year was out!)
I'm sure it couldn't be the battery. Its only 16 months old! and was holding charge very well.

I know there is 12 Month warranty but what other support can you offer me. 

I have had  2 Fitbit Charge HR before I got my first Ionic (this is my second to die) and they all seem to loose charge after  about 15 months. 

Very Keen to have another fitbit but the price going up makes 15 month replacements really Steep.

Seeking your support and suggestion.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @BL86.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing the details of the issue with your watch. I understand how you are feeling about this situation and appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I recommend confirming the complete troubleshooting instructions at Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? I also recommend trying to update your watch by following the instructions from this help article: How do I update my Fitbit device?

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your kind prompt reply.

Following many of these threads, I have already seen your troubleshooting instructions and following them in their entirety several times over the last few days, following considerable time on the charger, and still have not found any recommendations to rectify the issues I am having.  As the device does not want to power on, I am unable to follow the software update ad the App does not detect it during pairing. Its looking doubtful that I will get much of a response from it unfortunately.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the advice. I have tried the above and still no joy with getting the screen on my watch to work.  The watch appears to be sync’d with my phone as it looks to still be working as it is still taking measurements but there’s no screen display on the watch.  On the app it says powers is on the 80% range.  When the button on the watch is pressed there is a slight glow on the screen but images.  I look forward to being contacted by customer support.  It will be good to get this sorted as this watch cost me over £200 and is not yet 2 yrs old. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your replies, @BL86 @Si1340.

@BL86 I appreciate your efforts. Since the issue persists, I went ahead and created a case for you, someone from our Support team will reach out soon. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

@Si1340 Thank you for the update. I am sure our Support team will do their best to help you. Note that due to recent events affecting our operations, our Support team may take longer to respond. I appreciate your understanding and look forward to getting you back on track.

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Liliya! 

I've not yet heard from the support team. Are you able to check in with the progress of the request.

Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the update, @BL86.

I am sorry to hear you still haven't heard from our Support team. I apologize for the inconvenience, due to recent events affecting our operations, Support staff is limited and wait times are longer than usualI appreciate your patience and understanding. You can try using chat or phone to continue with this issue. Please check our Support contact options here

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes