Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic stops tracking exercise during cycling workout

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I cycle on road and switch on the cycling tracker,it Wil pause after a few minutes even though I have put the auto pause off..whats the solution? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @HrsKe! Thanks for letting me know that your Ionic is crashing during an exercise. Also, thanks for making sure that Auto-Pause is turned off. Nice way to go!

Our team has received the feedback from some users in regards to this issue, they're working to investigate these reports further. I will share updates from the team when I hear them. 

In the meantime,  whenever this happens to you, please manually log the activity so you don't loose any credits for the activity performed. This option gives accurate data too so you don't stay behind!

On last thing, can you all please try interacting with the display? Swipe twice on the face to change the data displayed just after starting your activity. Let me know if by doing this, you no longer experience a crash during your activity. 

I'll be around, keep me in the loop! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

Thankyou for your response.

Unfortunately it still crashed after swiping the face twice.

I'm quite disappointed considering I paid a high price for this fitbit.

Thankyou..
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for trying the workaround I've provided @HrsKe. As mentioned in my previous post, our team is working to investigate these reports further. I'll make sure to share with you when updates are available.

In the meantime, please manually log the activity so you don't loose any credits for the activity performed. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey..

Any luck with the cycling tracker? Has the issue been sorted?

Thankyou
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I've also encountered with a same issue while cycling.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also encountered the same issue while cycling. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem with the ionic crashing in the middle of runs whereby it also loses any data of the run up to the point where it crashed/restarts and then sometimes it starts auto tracking my run after its come out of restarting just showing that I started my run from there. Not acceptable!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I totally understand where your concerns are coming from @CoLFC@HrsKe@Franciscus@dasa. The issue was already reported. Please refer to this post of mine for more information, also a workaround was provided. 

We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not actually a workaround ad it's not until some time after it's crashed I notice as I go to check my pace/time/distance I'll notice it's back on the main time screen or I feel my watch vibrate to tell me it's recognised my run because I'm running regular routes. On the odd occasion I've noticed it's crashed before this the screen is scrambled and frozen and unresponsive to touching the screen or buttons and will eventually restart itself showing the fitbit diamond logo like when you manually reset...

Best Answer