Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic stuck on logo

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic ran out of power. After recharging it, it now only shows the logo.

I've read previous posts about the same problem, but have still not been able to solve it.

I've tried doing a hard reset by holding down all three buttons.

The previous posts suggested that I should keep holding down the buttons until after the logo stops flashing. In my case it doesn't really flash. When I hold the buttons down, the screen goes blank and then after a few seconds the logo re-apprears. At this point the screen is still stuck on the logo.

If I hold down the buttons for longer, initially the screen goes blank, then the logo re-appears and then goes blank again. Not really flashing as this is seconds apart. This just continues if I continue to hold down the buttons. Eventually when I let go, the screen is still just stuck on the logo.

Any ideas of what else I can try. The watch is a couple of years old. There have been a couple of times, when I've had to do a hard reset, but generally it performs well.

Thanks for your help.

Nic  

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Nic

I am experiencing a similar problem.  Mine started with losing bluetooth connection, which caused the battery to drain rapidly.  Now all I have is the fitbit logo.  I have tried to the hard restart but get the same result.  I hope someone on this forum has a solution as well!

Best Answer
0 Votes

As an update, the watch has now run out of battery power (0%), despite the fact that I charged it overnight. I guess there may be a more serious underlying problem.

Nic

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is exactly what is happening to my Ionic...  I just got off the phone with Customer Service and the best they can do is offer a 25% discount for a new device.  My device is just out of warranty so they won't replace it or offer any other solution other than the reset options.  Try calling customer service just in case something is different on your device  but as your post suggests, the problem you're experiencing is exactly the one I'm having. 

Fitbit will not admit that something went terribly wrong with their software updates.  It's a shame because up until this point, I was very satisfied with the performance.

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My watch is definitely out of warranty (by a few months). Doesn't sound like a great response from Customer Services.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great, thanks for the update on your results with customer service.  I will try calling as well but since we all are having the same problem, I suspect the device is dead.  It sucks because these ionics aren't cheap.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I agree. Its been a great watch. Does everything that I need from a sports watch and looks good enough to wear as a normal watch. It is expensive though and I expected it to last more that 18 months.

Best Answer
0 Votes