Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic stuck with 'data not cleared Synac & try again'

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Help - my Ionic is stuck with this error when I restart it.

I noticed from a couple of days ago that the battery life was really poor < 24 hours where it used to be 3 days between charge. Today when I tried to use it, the screen was not responsive.

I then tried to rest it holding the buttons and let go of one after a while (following the steps). And now I get this error when it starts up.

I have removed the device from my surface app and removed the Bluetooth pairing (as mentioned in some other post).

Any suggestion on how I get this back up and running ?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@jkristia wrote:

No I had not, but I have now, but I still see the same issue. 'data not cleared try again'.

Other suggestions ?

The data not cleared appears when you perform a factory reset. 

You can try the setup process again from the fitbit app, and let us know if the ionic pairs to your account. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Did you remove the tracker from your Fitbit account @jkristia.

Best Answer

No I had not, but I have now, but I still see the same issue. 'data not cleared try again'.

Other suggestions ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry I wasn't clear, I was trying to figure out what status your tracker was in, not asking you to remove it.

You say you get this error after holding in both the left and lower right buttons?

What happens when using the Fitbit app to set it up.

Are you able to do anything on the screen of the Ionic?

If not we should try a factory reset.

Best Answer

At the moment I only see the 'data not synced', and I can't do anything else.

I thought pressing the buttons was the factory reset and that is why I'm surprised it got stuck.

Please let me know how to do a factory reset (mind you, the watch is stuck, so I cannot go into settings to reset it)

Appreciate your help

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried this and it does work, but th timing of the presses and holds are critical.

To factory reset

On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time, or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

Best Answer

@jkristia wrote:

Other suggestions ?

The data not cleared appears when you perform a factory reset. 

You can try the setup process again from the fitbit app, and let us know if the ionic pairs to your account. 

Best Answer

Yes, I was not aware that the data sync IS because of the reset, it was not clear to me.

But I just came off a chat with a fitbit support (very helpful), and he mentioned the same, to run the setup from the fitbit windows app (in my case) and my fitbit is currently in the setup process.

Best Answer

edit - deleted this post

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @jkristia, it's nice to have a new member here! Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot this inconvenience, nice way to go! I'm glad to hear you were able to manage it after getting in touch with our Support Team. 

My friend @SunsetRunner is right, this usually happens when you performed a factory reset without before unpairing the device. Usually you should unpair your Ionic, forget Bluetooth (both Ionic and Ionic (Classic)) and perform the factory reset.

I'm posting this to anyone who jumps in here facing the same issue. To solve this issue follow these steps (some of them you already tried, but let's cover everything):

1. Unpair your Ionic.
  2. Unpair from Bluetooth both Ionic and Ionic (classic).
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  4. Turn off the Bluetooth.
  5. Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  6. Turn on the Bluetooth.
  7. Setup your device again.
  8. If there is no connection, restart your Fitbit Ionic.

If you can't get started with your Fitbit device, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements in the article: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

Thanks for your help @Rich_Laue

Let us know if there's any questions present. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Did this solution work for anybody?   My phone is stuck between the Fitbit logo and the data not cleared and I’ve tried to reset it and nothing changes.   I know it’s still connected to my iPhone because when I receive a phone call the ionic vibrates but and show the data not cleared message but it won’t sync with my iPhone.

Best Answer

this actually finally worked for me! so happy! i had to go 2 wks without tracking and whatnot - let alone having to look at the time on my phone vs just quickly looking at my wrist every time my bf asks me what time it is while he's looking directly at his phone, with the time on it, lol...this is my life, bahahaha

Best Answer
0 Votes