Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic syncing but says it's not?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone else have this issue. It says last sync 1 hour ago even though the steps are updating in the app. Also when I plug my ionic in to try and sync pandora stations it won't do anything. I've already linked my pandora account to the fitbit app and it said it would auto sync stations when I plug my watch in.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

A warm welcome to the Community @ChadMeck! Each time your Ionic syncs to your account, it will update your steps. Sometimes, it will update the steps in the app but won't show them in the online Dashboard, this is because your tracker is connected to the phone's Bluetooth but it's not actually syncing.Just double check the last time it says it synced in your app, below your tracker's picture. If it hasn't synced, you can try this syncing troubleshoot

Regarding your question about Pandora, you need to make sure that you have your Fitbit linked to Pandora and after this, you need to choose "auto sync my top Pandora stations". (It needs to be connected to a Wi-Fi connection) You can double check you're following this procedure to connect and auto sync your Pandora stations.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Note: There's currently a syncing issue that our engineers are investigating. You can learn more about it by checking the main thread

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.  It syncs up to the phone and also to the dashboard on the Web.  However, the "sync now" doesn't update.  Seems like an app bug.  I resolved it by killing the app on my Android and restarted it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Android app shows that the ionic is connected, but it won't sync, and last sync time never updates. Only way to sync is to completely remove and re-pair / re-setup the device. After that, it only syncs ONCE during setup, and will never update after that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What I have been doing is Syncing my iPhone APP and then Resyncing my PC APP (either by closing the PC APP and restarting it, or by going to the Ionic area of the PC APP and then back to the Dashboard area).  Seems the PC APP wants to be in sync with the iPhone APP, but then again, the same thing happend with my Blaze....

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer

Hey there @SunsetRunner and @southstar! Thanks for the details that you've mentioned. Our team is aware of the syncing issue that's been happening to some Ionic users. You can learn more about it by checking the main thread, a Moderator will post updates about this issue. 

Thanks for your input @GySgt_Seidell

Thanks for your understanding.

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer