Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic syncs only when connected to charger

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After recent firmware update, my Ionic only syncs when connected to wall charger. There were issues in the past where I could simply remove the device from the app and pair it again. I tried same, removed it from App and tried to pair. Even pairing did not work (Ionic had 80% battery). When I tried pairing with charger connected (again at ~80% battery level), pairing was successful and phone synced as well. Have not synced again since that time.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It is odd, but yeah....Also I had tried forgetting BT from phone, and then manually pairing, but it was not successful...

For now, I did the factory reset with tracker, and it is now connected...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

That is very strange, @SunsetRunner, since the charger has nothing to do with the tracker's communications.  But, removing the tracker from the app and re-adding it is not a good idea - you may find a time when it tells you it cannot find the device, and will not be able to add it back.  It might be helpful if you open the phone's Settings->Bluetooth->Fitbit and tell it to Forget the device, and then re-opening the Fitbit app an try to manually sync it.

Best Answer

It is odd, but yeah....Also I had tried forgetting BT from phone, and then manually pairing, but it was not successful...

For now, I did the factory reset with tracker, and it is now connected...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@USAF-Larrywrote:

That is very strange, @SunsetRunner, since the charger has nothing to do with the tracker's communications.

Well, technically, receiving energy through the charging cable fully enables the Ionic's Wi-Fi connectivity.

During the setup, firmware updates and playlists transfers if you do things through Wi-Fi and don't have it connected it will just drop the download.

I've seen situations in which the Ionic won't sync when I press sync now unless is connected to the cable and in Wi-Fi's range.

It shouldn't be the case, but sometimes it happens. Not sure why since Wi-Fi connectivity is not supposed to have anything to do with BTLE syncing.

狂乱 Hey Kids!
Best Answer
0 Votes

People say that the charger has nothing to do with synchronisation well this is wrong because I've done factory resets and everything. As my Fitbit ionic is out of warranty the offered me 30% discount on a new one. Since this I've tried plugging my charger in and having full charge low and behold my Ionic syncs straight away.  If I unplug my charger after an hour or so it stops syncing. 

I haven't got a clue why or how this works but it does.

Best Answer
0 Votes