Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic tracking issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

As I posted earlier, my Ionic has been doing a slow death.  First it stopped receiving notifications.  Then a message that the clock face needed changed.  Then it stopped counting steps and registering the heart rate.  It won't swipe to other screens.  As of today it keeps time and date with a very dim screen.  I've read that others have done the update and it completely killed the watch.  Has anyone had luck with installing update and it fixing the watch?  I have no warranty and not sure if I should try this as a last ditch effort.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @lastrohm, it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for trying some troubleshooting steps before posting over here. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know if the heart rate sensors are flashing or is your device completely unresponsive? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. Such article includes a restart process which can be really helpful for this situation

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went ahead and did the update.  It went thru with no problems.  But...the ionic still doesn't work.  I have the clock face with date and time.  No step count, no heart rate- the green light on back has also stopped flashing which is new.  The screen goes dim after a few seconds.  If I push the top right button the screen goes to exercise and the short cuts, but won't swipe after that.  Bottom button the screen goes to alarm then set new alarm, but won't go any further, can't swipe.  Left side button takes me back to face clock and that is all it will do.  At least it isn't totally dead.  Maybe it might have a chance to come back to life?

Best Answer

Oh, forgot to mention that it charges fine.  Just noticed if I run my finger over the heart rate sensor it lights up for a few seconds, then goes out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your update @lastrohm and for the details that were shared with me.

I'm sorry to know that you're still experiencing difficulties with your Ionic despite trying the troubleshooting steps that were shared on my previous post and updating it. Because the issue wasn't solved, the best way to get help for this specific problem is to chat directly with our Customer Support team or give us a call. Please click here to get connected and receive further assistance with them.

I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will be getting a galaxy watch .  I don't want to waste anymore time with fitbit.  Sad, since I really loved my ionic.                           All ared dead except the inspire that another family member is using.I will be getting a galaxy watch . I don't want to waste anymore time with fitbit. Sad, since I really loved my ionic. All ared dead except the inspire that another family member is using.

Best Answer