Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic tracking too many steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A couple weeks ago I noticed that my Ionic and Flex 2 were counting many more steps than usual. I mean like 60,000 plus steps per day and I guarantee you that is not accurate. Culminated in a 104,000 plus steps day this past Thursday. It doesn't matter whether I am wearing the Ionic or the Flex 2, Ionic daytime and Flex 2 at night, they are both logging extra steps. I wear my Flex 2 to bed and last Tuesday it went off at 3:00 AM that I had made my goal of 10,000 for the day, I had been sleeping. I have reset them both and still nothing. The same numbers show up on my phone and the computer. Running version 27.32.10.20 on the Ionic. Any clue?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@Grumps9 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing the experience you ave had wit Ionic counting extra steps. Thanks for sharing all of those details about this and for performing a restart on your devices. 

In this case, I'd recommend updating Ionic to OS 3.0 version 27.33.1.30. This should certainly help you out with this. Check more details about this version here. Feel free to follow all the instructions shared there.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having this problem too and I am on the latest firmware 27.33.1.30 on my Ionic.  Seeing some battery discharge issues - watch will die within 24 hours and now looking at my watch the step count is literally counting up as I sit here it will not stop.  I just woke up an hour ago and my step count is over 32,000 already.   What can I do to fix this? I've restarted it, changed watch faces, switched dominant wrist.  Up until recently I could go nearly a week without a charge and now it's like a sensor is acting up or something.

Best Answer
0 Votes