Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic unresponsive

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

4 days ago, my Ionic died. I searched on forums and tried all tricks. Holding both buttons, recharging etc.. The contact points between charger and watch are fine as it is getting warm during charging, it just refuses to come on.

Any other tricks out there? I bought on Amazon UK but live in Bahrain so not easy to send anywhere..

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @NobbyBH78, welcome to the Community Forums! Sorry for the delay in responding your post.

Thanks for the details that were shared and for troubleshooting your Ionic before posting. I was informed by our Customer Support team that they already provided you assistance with the inconvenience experienced with your Fitbit Ionic, therefore, my best advice for you at this moment will be to contact them back if you require further assistance or if you have any additional questions about the outcome of your case.

I'll be here if you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @RicardoFitbit 

Thank you for the follow up. The customer support were polite and kind. There was no solution other than the troubleshooting we went through. My watch is out of warranty and after the restart options were exhausted, there was nothing else to do.

To be honest I’m disappointed because Fitbit knows this is an inherent and very frequent problem, so I won’t risk another Fitbit if I have to buy a new one every 2 years. As I said, I like to decide when to upgrade, not be forced to by a device. I have Garmins and an old Apple Watch which are still perfectly functional after many many years. This is giving your brand a bad reputation because your competition do not suffer from such a big issue, so people who have a bad experience won’t risk it again - and they’ll tell their friends and family.. For me, it’s not about being in or out of warranty, it’s ‘if I invest my money in this brand, do I trust that is it likely to last until a decide I want to upgrade?’ Generally, I upgrade my tech when a significantly new device is launched - Whether that’s 6 months or 4 years.. If the current device doesn’t last until then, I will need a very good reason to gamble on it again.. That reason usually lies in the response of the brand. So far Fitbits response is. “Sorry, out of warranty and nothing we can do to fix it”.

Thanks and regards

Colin

Best Answer
0 Votes