Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic vs Garmin 235 step comparison

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi i have been comparing my steps against garmin 235 seems the ionic under reads steps by a long way have done over 1400 steps on my garmin but only a 1000 on the ionic.i have also got a surge which i used before i got the ionic the surge always tended to read more steps than the garmin .can anyone give any advice.Thanks.

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Just an update in 6hrs there is over 2000 steps difference between ionic and garmin 235. surge was only around 500 steps different after 12hrs.anyone else experiencing low step counts on ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wear your devices and walk 100 steps and check the variance, increasing the variables does not help. 

Second check to see that your stride is the same between Garmin and Fitbit. Are they the same?

Use the gps on your surge and ionic and go for a walk. Again nothing too huge, what’s the variance?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok will try that can only try indoors atm so cant use gps but will do a 100 steps as suggested see what both come up with.thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Both were spot on over a 100 steps strange.maybe ionic learns your walk pattern as i have had garmin and surge a while but only got the ionic 5 days ago.hopefully will pick up in my step challenges against other fitbit users now.

Best Answer
0 Votes