Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Discount

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received a discount to apply toward a new tracker due to problems with my current one. As a cyclist, I would like the Strava app that is preloaded on the Ionic. Will I be able to use the replacement discount toward the purchase on an Ionic?

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Ask support.  Contact Support

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@ZoCo1709 wrote:

As a cyclist, I would like the Strava app that is preloaded on the Ionic.

@ZoCo1709

Just an FYI, the Strava app only lets you see:

- activity history

- matched runs

There aren't any cycling features. You still need to record rides using traditional methods (Strava app, bike computer) or the Fitbit exercise mode.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bbarrera wrote:

@ZoCo1709 wrote:

As a cyclist, I would like the Strava app that is preloaded on the Ionic.

@ZoCo1709

Just an FYI, the Strava app only lets you see:

- activity history

- matched runs

There aren't any cycling features. You still need to record rides using traditional methods (Strava app, bike computer) or the Fitbit exercise mode.

You are also able to sync activities.

From their website

Fitbit offers some of the most popular fitness trackers around, and our integrations allow you to sync runs, rides and other activities from your device right to Strava. That means you can get all day activity tracking along with the ability to analyze workouts in depth, compare efforts, and connect with friends and clubs on Strava.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

You are also able to sync activities.

Strava/Fitbit sync has been available for well over 2 years now:

https://blog.fitbit.com/fitbit-x-strava/

Sync even works with Fitbit app's MobileRun, no Fitbit tracker required.

The Ionic's Strava app is focused on matched runs, and viewing Strava activity history. For runners, it adds some performance metrics to Ionic. Nice to see Fitbit partner to get ANY performance metrics, but its not in the Fitbit app and won't help the 22 million active Fitbit users. Ionic app is nice for a quick glance, but for *all* Fitbit users you are better off going directly to Strava app/website for analyzing runs and rides.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

My HR Charge was replaced and now my second one died.  I got the discount and wanted to get the Ionic as well.  I was told my discount cannot be used for the smartwatch category.

Best Answer

I have had 3 Charge HR in the past year and all 3 have had the band come apart within three months. I'm not even sure I want to risk wasting the money on another FitBit product (even with a discount) given the poor quality I have seen.

Best Answer

I have also received the discount for a new device.  I know that currently the ionic is not on the list of applicable devices.  Does anyone know how long after release other devices were subject to the discount?  I have until the end of the year to either wait and try and get the ionic with a discount or go for the blaze or a replacement Charge 2.

Best Answer

I'm in the same situation. My Blaze has a battery problem and I received an offer from FitBit to buy a new device with 50% off. But the unique device that I'm interested it's the Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes