Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. My year old iconic isn't charging. I let it run completely flat (for the 1st time), plugged it in as usual and two hours later, it's lifeless. My brother-in-law experienced the same problem and his never worked again - he changed to another brand. I've tried holding down the 'back' button etc... but no display. Can anyone help please? So many thanks Mary L

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Sesteele, (Mary)

sounds like your battery has dropped in voltage below what your charger is capable of charging from. Good idea to try an not let the battery discharge below 4 or 5% if possible. But sure, doesn't always work out like that when you're away from a charger. As a rechargeable battery ages, they can suffer from draining to a voltage they can't easily recover from. Although at 12 months these batteries *should* still be in good condition.

Anyway, try charging with a fast charge compliant charger such as a QC3.0 (quick charge) capable one. These chargers output a higher charging current that hopefully will "jolt" the battery voltage a bit higher so it can charge.

Have you also pressed all three buttons for around 15 - 20 seconds whilst charging?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Sesteele, (Mary)

sounds like your battery has dropped in voltage below what your charger is capable of charging from. Good idea to try an not let the battery discharge below 4 or 5% if possible. But sure, doesn't always work out like that when you're away from a charger. As a rechargeable battery ages, they can suffer from draining to a voltage they can't easily recover from. Although at 12 months these batteries *should* still be in good condition.

Anyway, try charging with a fast charge compliant charger such as a QC3.0 (quick charge) capable one. These chargers output a higher charging current that hopefully will "jolt" the battery voltage a bit higher so it can charge.

Have you also pressed all three buttons for around 15 - 20 seconds whilst charging?

Best Answer

Thank you PaulMe. You're absolutely correct, not too clever to let the battery bottom out. I tried your synchronised button pressing method and hey presto.....it worked a treat and the world makes sense again 😁. I'm indebted. 

Kindest regards 

Mary

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m not understanding “ buttons on the back”

what are they and what do they look like?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m not understanding “ buttons on the back”

It's the middle and only button on the left hand side of the Ionic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes