Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won’t restart

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I set my ionic charge when the battery was it about 15% I woke up this morning and it is not charged at all I won’t put it on a couple different other chargers or plugs and still nothing any help?

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

Sorry. Let me restate. I put my Ionic on charger last night with approximately 15% charge. It was dead this morning. I moved to different outlets, different charging blocks. Still nothing. Any ideas on how to revive?

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue.  Tried two wall chargers and now trying a USB port on computer still won’t charge or turn on.      

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did yours happen last night? Might coincide with operating system upgrade perhaps?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Started to not syncing on the 1st of May .  On the 2nd of May  I tried the delete the app and Bluetooth on my phone.    Tried to factory reset.    Came up on start screen with 70% battery.  It wouldn’t connect to phone or when trying the left button and bottom right button to restart it wouldn’t work.     Few hours later it was blank.    Today. I tried several times to charge on different charging plugs and two different pc USB ports and still won’t turn on.   It’s been charging all day and still blank.      I will call or IM their service center.        Basically bought a 300 dollar brick.   Trying another port overnight to get it to turn on.   I get sometimes things just don’t work but for two for two on Fitbit is getting crazy.  My flyer died after 3 weeks of workouts.   Wanted to run in half marathon at Disney.  Craped out because the sweat got into the battery and wouldn’t take a charge. Next Disney run i will make sure the 45,000 plus people know what a crap item this is.     I truly loved my ionic but man I’m really wondering lately.    

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am thinking about buying a new cord and trying that. I can always use another. If not, have to send a video of trying the hard reboot with the case number in the background and ship the watch. I hate being without it. Fear it will take weeks to get a new one. Frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have either of you tried a computer?  I'm charging both my Ionic and Alta HR via computer and both have charged since I put them on.  

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks your for the effort to help. No go. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issue. Dead Ionic as of a few hours ago Tried customer service. They want a video of it not working. My phone will only make large video files that won't email. So they disconnected chat. Grrrrr!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine now working again following this from Fitbit Support

On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time, or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

If the device turns on, please go back to the Fitbit app and setup your device back to your account with these steps. Make sure your Ionic is plugged into a wall plug or a computer, next to the router and that there are no other trackers or devices with Bluetooth on nearby when setting up.  Please log into your account, go to account on the upper right corner, there look for "setup a device" and tap on it. Follow the instructions on the screen and let the Ionic charge for 2 hours. 

Best Answer

That didn’t work.   Thanks anyway. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic has decided to switch itself off. Still has 88% charge so that's not it. What is going on?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That did not work for me either nor did buying a replacement cord. I am going to have to make my video, and go ship it off. Frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the video and then got that reply. Pretty sure I had tried pressing all 3 buttons before  but tried and it powered straight up. Had already paid out for a temporary watch expecting to have to return the ionic! Happy to have it working again 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried it dozens of times to no avai and will keep trying until it goes in the shipping box. Jealous you have yours back on line!

Best Answer
0 Votes

TBH I was really surprised it worked.  Hope you get it sorted one way or another.

Best Answer
0 Votes