Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't sync after updating OS

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What is going on with the syncing issues with Ionic? My Ionic no longer will sync, it shows it is paired to my blue tooth, but the Fitbit App cannot detect my Ionic anymore and this appears to all be due to the new firmware release. Basically, I have a $300 wristband that serves no purpose anymore. Nothing works! I've tried every single way there is to remedy this problem and nothing works. I am frustrated as hell. My Ionic is only 3 months old and now all of the sudden it cannot do anything due to an update. What the hell!!!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome on board @Pavlov17! Are you still experiencing the syncing connection with your Ionic? 

If you are, I'd recommend the following:

• Restart your Ionic.
  • Log out from the Fitbit app, reboot your phone, log back in to the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off Bluetooth, wait 10 seconds, turn it back on.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.

Try to sync after doing each of the steps above. That should certainly help you out with this.

In my suggestions above don't help, please go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and remove the tracker. In the list of Bluetooth devices you'll see the Ionic and next to it, this symbol "!". Hit the symbol and it will take you to the next step, once you're there select the option that says "Forget this device".

Once you've made sure about that, go back to the Fitbit app, go to the "Account" option in the upper right corner and select "Set up a Device". This should start the setup process for your device. Smiley Very Happy

Give this a go and let me know if the inconvenience persists. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome on board @Pavlov17! Are you still experiencing the syncing connection with your Ionic? 

If you are, I'd recommend the following:

• Restart your Ionic.
  • Log out from the Fitbit app, reboot your phone, log back in to the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off Bluetooth, wait 10 seconds, turn it back on.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.

Try to sync after doing each of the steps above. That should certainly help you out with this.

In my suggestions above don't help, please go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and remove the tracker. In the list of Bluetooth devices you'll see the Ionic and next to it, this symbol "!". Hit the symbol and it will take you to the next step, once you're there select the option that says "Forget this device".

Once you've made sure about that, go back to the Fitbit app, go to the "Account" option in the upper right corner and select "Set up a Device". This should start the setup process for your device. Smiley Very Happy

Give this a go and let me know if the inconvenience persists. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

None of this had helped and I've quit trying. I'm so upset with this and the amount of time I've wasted trying to get it to work. I now have an extensive fitness tracker that doesn't work thanks to the fitbit update. I give up! If you guys don't replace with a new one, I'm done with your company and i will spend each day telling my experience to every social media outlet and every retailer review page. This has been the biggest disappointment. I've had 4 different support staff tell me the same things and not one had been willing to admit that Fitbit is at fault!

Best Answer

It is NOT SOLVED! I got that button by accident

Best Answer

Same result here on an iPhone 8.  Will syncy for about 2 min, then lose connerction.  Have never gotten all day synch to work.  No notifications or apps work.  I've tried their solution sequwnce 5 times with no success.

Best Answer

This is becoming a weekly occurrence with my iPhone with the Ionic just stops syncing. Pretty disappointing, to be honest. I loved my Charge2 and thought this would be an upgrade....

Best Answer

I have the same problem with my Ionic. It won't sync with my new iPhone I purchased 3 months ago. I specifically bought the Ionic because it has the step counter and also swim lap counter. First it wouldn't sync with my old phone, an LG G6, so my daughter talked me into getting an iPhone. Having the same problems. I constantly have to delete the Ionic from my account and than reinstall it. Only than does it sync and than it only sync's once or twice before I have to uninstall and reinstall it again. This has been going on for months. I have to turn off and on my Ionic, disconnect and reconnect Bluetooth and wifi constantly. You would thing for spending nearly $300.00 dollars on a fitness tracking watch it would work like it is supposed to. Btw, I have had my watch for about 10 months only, so it isn't that old. I switched from a Garmin that was also a piece of junk. Battery wouldn't hold a charge. I think I will just go back to a basic watch that can count my steps. My cheap watch that counted steps, under $75.00, I never had a problem with. I think Fitbit needs to look into their watches and fix some major issues, specifically not being able to sync. I don't have time to keep doing all their stupid suggestions to get my watch to sync once a day. Truly disappointed with their products and this Ionic Watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did all of this. Still doesn't sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic stopped syncing after update  for 2 days and on day 3 now it stopped counting steps- never had trouble with this almost year old ionic- so frustrating after trying all the help suggestions- 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this solution and it worked... until a few days later when the same thing happened. Reset everything just like the article says and it worked... until a day later when it happened again.

As a one-time fix to a problem, resetting the device is fine. But as a regular maintenance task it most definitely is NOT. A watch should work day-in-day-out without worry. If Fitbit can't hold it together for more than a day or so, or even every few weeks or months at a time, it's not worth the money.

Fitbit: Fix this problem!

Best Answer