Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't sync, pair or shut down

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic hasn't synced since Tuesday and a post on this board said to unpair and re-pair. I unpaired but now cannot pair to my phone again. The settings on my ionic do not give me an option to pair or shut down. I tried holding the buttons down to restart my ionic but it didnt help. This is very frustrating!! Has anyone encountered this and found a solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Restarting my Ionic (hold left & bottom right button) finally got it to pair up the device again. Tried everything else suggested and only this worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, unfortunately that didnt work for me. I tried it at least 3 times, it didnt seem to even shut down completely but it was hard to tell if it did anything.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry it didn't work for you. I held the buttons for longer than normal and
then it finally restarted. Would be nice if Fitbit would address this
instead of the users trying to sort it out. I hope you are able to get it
to work again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner to un-pair means to remove the tracker from the phones Bluetooth .

The user is not able to pair the tracker. the Fitbit app needs to do this .

Once the tracker has been unpaired the user should open the app and try a sync. 

For further help in getting the phone to sync your tracker. we really need to know what type of phone the problem is with. 

One problem @DW111 is that every phone is a little different and there is not a single cause .

Best Answer

I did try syncing after unpairing, it did the same thing it did before it starts "thinking" like it's going to sync but never does.

I have a samsung galaxy s9 phone and have not had any major issues like this until now. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app to no avail.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @SunsetRunner! Thanks for already troubleshooting this inconvenience. Nice way to go! 

The reason why the tracker is not syncing/pairing with your S9 is due to this device is not compatible with the Fitbit app

Which means that our Android team has not yet tested them for compatibility and added them to the list what means that we don't have a estimated date on when they will be added. If the device supports BLE (AKA Bluetooth 4.0), I recommend giving the setup flow a try to see if you can successfully connect your tracker. 

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. The developer team is aware of the need to add new devices to the list of compatible devices. 

If setup does not work, I recommend setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a Windows 10/Mac computer with integrated Bluetooth 4.0 running the Fitbit Software. 

Additionally to what I shared with you above, something that has worked for my sister who also owns a Huawei is the following:

1. Your phone must not be set to "visible for other devices"
2. Your phone must not be "searching for other devices"

If either of these two things are active, the Fitbit cannot connect.

In other words, you have to set it to invisible, and you have to click the stop button if it is searching for devices. So, Bluetooth should be on, but not doing anything at all in the Bluetooth menu. Then force quit the Fitbit app and it'll sync. At least it has done with my sister's phone for over a month or so.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer