Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't turn on after factory reset

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I need help for my Ionic Adidas. When I got it and set it up for the first time it was fine and updated accordingly. However I received the calibration error messages. I decided to do a factory reset, then it went through until installation of the firmware upgrade and stuck there around 25% for 2 hours+.

I pressed all 3 buttons then release the bottom right button until I feel vibration then I release all buttons. Then my fitbit Ionic Adidas won't turn on anymore.

I have tried to plug in for 6 hours:

1. Press 3 buttons for 15 seconds

2. Press left and bottom right button for 15 seconds

3. Press left button only for 15 seconds

all can't wake my Ionic up

Best Answer
56 REPLIES 56
I stopped buying Fitbits after this issue. Switched to an Apple watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes
My daughter has had the Versa for a couple of years with no issues. It does not have the built in GPS like the Ionic. I had the Ionic for about 14 months before it died and was offered a 25% discount on a new on and they suggested purchasing the extended warranty for $50. I cut my losses a bought the Apple Watch. The battery does not last as long but it has many more features. You can buy a series 3 Apple Watch the does more than the Ionic for the less money.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

This is my second Ionic from Fitbit,and it's total garbage,the first Ionic died after 2 months in august 2019 tried all possible factory reset possible eventually got replacement in August 2019 which was a refurbished one in July 2020 it is now stuck won't sync steps or anything also won't pair with any device phone (etc.) I was told my warranty was expired yet I had bought a 2 year warranty I think Fitbit is a modern day Pirate.and need to fix their problem and stop ripping off their Customers. Totally done with Fitbit.Silverfox F.

Best Answer
Obviously a big problem, 25% off is bogus, i bought a Samsung watch...
Best Answer
0 Votes

I read all the 43 replies and there’s no support for this Problem. It affects many people with same kind of issues. Its very sad that happens after almost 2 years of use. I like the watch very much, but the when i read all the replies , i think there’s no hope to get any support from fitbit. I have contacted immediately the support with an email, ill will wait a few days for a solution, and If i get the same answer, i will decide to buy an another watch from another brand. I think it will be a smartwatch from Apple. Much better service. I realy fed up with these kind of services. It is disappointing and discouraging to use or buy another products from Fitbit.

Best Answer

I'm in exactly the same boat, advised to undertake a factory reset and now blank screen and unable to use the device. Due to Covid was unable to take back to John Lewis...only offered 35% off a new one that going by this forum and others I will end up with the same issue with a new Ionic after 12 months...very poor FITBIT!

Best Answer

I’ve now had 4 Fitbit watches.  None have lasted beyond 2 years - and most barely past a year.  Years ago I ran with $35 Timex Ironman watches. They would last 4 - 5 years.  I wore them all day everyday and I was in the Marines Corps. They were not babied. Polar’s don’t last either.  Why can’t someone come up with a “smart” watch that works for a decent amount of time?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. Was your issue resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Knegi,

I can't speak for the others, but I am currently functional on my second Fitbit Ionic (the one the Fitbit warranty team sent) and it appears to be functional. I'll be coming up on my first year with it in a few months so we'll see if it makes the anniversary. 

A side note. With the recent acquisition of Fitbit by Google, it should be interesting to see how the hardware/software pieces change going forward:  https://blog.google/products/devices-services/fitbit-acquisition/

/Gus

Best Answer
0 Votes
HiFitbit

No Nothing was done by the sales outlet, nor by Fitbit.
I have now given up on any form of smart watch.
--
Cheers,

Lawrie
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is dead now too. Croaked midway through the update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m going to make the jump to the apple watch. I’ve only put it off because I enjoy all the challenges with my friends but I’m really sick of all the problems I have with my Fitbit s. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Andrea,

I loved my Fitbit ionic ever since I got it on 6/2/2019. Had the first issue on 5/4/2020, when it stopped working. Looked up the forums for resolution and almost everyone had the same problem. Followed bunch of portals and finally I was able to fix it.

1/20/2021 - I did factory reset because the time was not accurate on the watch. And after factory reset the watch wouldn't start. Just the Fitbit logo and it's asking to download the app.

Can some please help me resolve this? Nothing I read on these forms is working for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm on my third Ionic. I might have to try an alternative if and when this one croaks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
After factory reset is successfully done, you need to add your watch
(device) back on the Fitbit app by clicking 'add device'. Once you add the
watch on the Fitbit app, the steps are very intuitive and you can easily
link the watch and phone app with each other.

I couldn't figure this out so I called Fitbit customer service and the
steps I shared above is what they asked me to do. Once I did that, my watch
and my app is noe synced and working as expected.
Best Answer

My Fitbit Charge 2 still works but I had the same thing happen with Ionic. It didn't log sleep properly, would show my HR very high so I did a factory reset. It wouldn't turn on 😞 UGH 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. @cricketro It's great to see you around. 

I'm sorry for the experience and thank you for the detailed information and for the troubleshooting steps you've followed. At this time, I'd recommend reaching out to our Support Team for further assistance. You can contact them through chat or over the phone, but phone wait times have been longer than normal, so I recommend initiating a chat. Click here to get connected. 

Please make sure to provide a brief explanation of the inconvenience and mention the troubleshooting steps you've followed, this way they can assist you from there. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes