Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't turn on or charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I went for a hike 2 days ago and in the middle of it my watch just switched off. I assumed it was out of battery so, when I got home I connected it to the charger. Until now I have tried everything (cleaning the pins, changing the usb connection to power for the laptop...)  but the device still won't turn on. It also doesn't vibrate when connecting the charger anymore.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

I have the same problem. They say it’s because battery was completely depleted and when it gets just a tinny amount of charge it turns on depleting that little amount of charge in the process thus not being able to charge at all. I don’t know what todo. Can’t seem to be able to contact support anymore. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @yasmipe @ccrmak.

@yasmipe Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I was able to see that you have already contacted our Support team regarding this, please continue working with them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide a solution.

@ccrmak I am sorry that you are going through the same situation. I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your efforts to resolve this. I was able to see that you have already contacted our Support team and that they were able to assist you. Thank you for your time and efforts.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
Thank you for your answer and yes, I got amazing help on the chat support.
All issues are solved now.
Best Answer

@ccrmak just go to chat support and explain your issue. They were very helpful with me.

Did you try cleaning the charging point and ressiting by pressing the buttons at the same (the one that is alone and, from the 2, the lower one)? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey! Yes, tried all that already. Not working. I will try to change the battery as a final attempt to recover it. If that doesn’t work I’ll probably go for a Garmin. Thanks!!

Best Answer

Thank you for your replies, @yasmipe @ccrmak.

@yasmipe I am glad to hear that you had a great experience with our Support team and the issues are solved now. I appreciate your feedback and hope you continue enjoying the Fitbit experience. 

@ccrmak I appreciate your efforts and hope you could give Fitbit another opportunity in the future. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, make new friends and create new topics.

Have a good day.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband has one, it is not one year old, it won't find GPS...if they still sell them, the tomtom with heartbeat sensors and music (does not need phone near) was the best experience he made on woking tool, but I heard they were quitting them.

Best Answer
0 Votes